Are kids welcome in restaurants?

Many years ago when my boys were small, I brought them over to see my hometown and other places, along with my Irish wife. We tended to find a certain reluctance to accommodate the boys, with sometimes downright rudeness. Pauline was particularly upset because it wasn't like that in Ireland.

Now my boys are grown up but I would like to bring my three granddaughters over again. I know there are places like McDonalds and Burger King which were'nt there then, but we don't use them over here, and I'm not keen to have to do that there either.

We are very fortunate to have family restaurants which serve good food, without liqour or beer, and make your kids welcome. Soome of you whio have visited may have tried Friendly's or Bob Evans or Boston Market and enjoyed them. Are there places like that in UK?

There is a restaurant in Gleadless called Tequilas that let kids in. I think on certain days they have offers where you get 2 meals for the price of one on kids food too.

Kids should be banned from anywhere that has cutlery and serves anything runnier than concrete, on health and safety grounds. They have their restaurants and they should stick to them. Imagine their horror if we all went in and ordered up the last of their ‘Happy meals.’ They simply wouldn’t stand for it.

And, where there are kids, people tend to get sanctimonious about my smoking, swearing and showing off my arse.

Kids, hate us! They may not say it, but they think it. That is why they leave their Lego at the top of the stairs; kak themselves in the most unnecessary places and stare at us from their buggies! Kids, adult food and civilisation don’t mix.

miniminch, how bitter you sound. Perhaps the reason children act the way they do is because they realise from an early age that a huge proportion of their future earnings will go towards pension payments for the droolers of society.

Buck, there are plenty of child friendly establishments, you can recognise them from their large plastic cowboys and funky animals out front.

What bay area is that? the sick bay?

(Quote)Kids should be banned from anywhere that has cutlery and serves anything runnier than concrete, on health and safety grounds. They have their restaurants and they should stick to them. Imagine their horror if we all went in and ordered up the last of their ‘Happy meals.’ They simply wouldn’t stand for it.

And, where there are kids, people tend to get sanctimonious about my smoking, swearing and showing off my arse.

Kids, hate us! They may not say it, but they think it. That is why they leave their Lego at the top of the stairs; kak themselves in the most unnecessary places and stare at us from their buggies! Kids, adult food and civilisation don’t mix.(Quote)

People with kids should be allowed to take them anywhere without grumpy people moaning. if you don't like kids in restaurants then don't sit near them, and showing your arse in a restaurant - who's the kid there!

People with kids should be allowed to take them anywhere without grumpy people moaning. if you don't like kids in restaurants then don't sit near them, and showing your arse in a restaurant - who's the kid there!

It's my arse! I'll show to who i like!:thumbsup:

I love the little scamps really!:cool:

It's my arse! I'll show to who i like!:thumbsup:

I love the little scamps really!:cool:

Have you noticed it's OK to say I love kids but when you get specific people tend to look at you in a funny way?

Wetherspoons is always a good place to take kids, especially the Benjamin Huntsman near City Hall, they even have a family area, that whole pub is non-smoking too now, always a bonus.

There are lots of pub chains that positively welcome families with children. The Brewsters Chain is just one I can think of. They usually have some pretty good play areas for the children and are popular at weekends in particular. I can't think of the names of them off-hand, but there's lots to choose from - you really shouldn't have a problem.

There are loads of places in Sheffield that are family friendly...a couple of restaurants on Ecclesall Road, Ridgeway, Balborough, Mosborough...It depends where you are going...you generally get a pretty good idea where is family friendly if they have high chairs! Some claim to welcome kids but then don't have anywhere for them to sit...What area will you be in?

My neice visits me and my husband over here. Aunt Sally's near Glossop Rd/Botanical Gardens were very good, but again pub food.

We took her out to the Italian opposite Flares and they were very nice too.