Woodseats motors. woodseats.sheffield 8

I've just come home after experiencing the worst customer service ever in fact I'm still reeling from the shock of it all!!!

My granddaughter purchased her first car from there two weeks ago and has had issues with it from day one. We decided to go back yet again only this time we were going to ask if we could have the 1600 back that she played for it.

The aggressive and threatening behaviour we received from the owner was unbelievable !!!

My granddaughter tried to explain what was wrong with the car, it kept cutting out, all the warning lights were coming on and it was losing power, the brakes made a grinding noise. The owner or whom I presume was the owner jumped in the car saying he hadn't got time for this and what did we expect from a car that cost 1600, it wasn't as if we'd payed 10k for it. His manner was aggressive and very frightening, he jumped in the car and drove it a short distance with the driver door still open then slammed on the brakes. I though the car door would come off. There he said aggressively, there's nothing wrong with the brakes !!!

My granddaughter friend tried to tell him about the other issues with the car. He shouted what's it got to do with you, are you the customer, keep out of it!

I'm shocked and upset, how can these people get away with treating people this way. Not sure what to do next but can't just let this go!!!

I would take it to a garage to get it checked and ask for a report on problems, may be a small charge, then take this back to woodseats motors, if they refuse to put things right , tell them you are reporting them to trading standards

Enlist the services of a decent, reputable mechanic. Explain the problem, ask them to prepare a report. Give the owner one last chance to put everything right in the report or inform them you will be taking them to small claims court and paying your new mechanic for his time to attend and to provide evidence. Hope that he doesn't take you up on his last chance, as it so much fun serving your own summons and then winning against second-hand car dealers.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to take it to a garage on Monday and get it checked and then take a report with faults back to woodsests motors.

I just can't get my head around the aggressive behaviour, they shouldn't be in business if can't deal with people on the correct manner. What a load of cowboys !!!

The guy is a idiot. He tried telling me I couldn't sell my car with a for sale sign in window outside his car lot on the same road I lived on. when I told him I lived on road he said don't care you going to have to move it people will think its from me. My response was jog on it's taxed tested and insured and I live here you DONT and if any damage is done to it please bear in mind you have 20 cars to my 1. He soon shut up lol

Was this the dark haired stocky bloke with the hole in the back of his head, probably made by some other poor sod he had a go at.

Makes me sick, never opens on a Sunday, obviously makes that much money ripping young women off doesent have to. I've heard he owns the apartments at the side of woodsests motors, how can someone with no people skills whatsoever be in business!!!

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 00:02 ----------

Was this the dark haired stocky bloke with the hole in the back of his head, probably made by some other poor sod he had a go at.

Makes me sick, never opens on a Sunday, obviously makes that much money ripping young women off doesent have to. I've heard he owns the apartments at the side of woodsests motors, how can someone with no people skills whatsoever be in business!!!

Get in touch with trading standards and they will tell you what to do before doing anything else.

I also sell cars and you have more rights when you buy from a dealer rather than a private sale.

Had dealings with this place many years ago. Ended up parking car in the entrance and walking away until the owner agreed to look at yhe issues

Yes we thought about that. Feel as if I'm going on and on about it but never experienced anything so bad before and feel sorry for my granddaughter as she was so excited about her first car!!!