Muslim Extremists trying to take over schools

The title of this thread is clearly (deliberately?) misleading. No one is trying to take over anything - there have been some minor alterations to the menu.

The threat title and OP is an entirety separate issue to the removal of pork from a school menu.

The title of this thread is clearly (deliberately?) misleading. No one is trying to take over anything - there have been some minor alterations to the menu.

I think that says more about your lack of knowledge than anything else.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/birmingham-council-investigates-muslim-fundamentalist-plot-to-take-over-local-schools-9177506.html

Birmingham council investigates 'Muslim fundamentalist plot to take over local schools'

Details of an extraordinary plot by Islamic fundamentalists to take control of several non-faith schools in Birmingham by "jihad" have come to light sparking a major investigation by police, the city council and the Department for Education.

Documents leaked to the Birmingham Mail describe the campaign, dubbed Operation Trojan, outlining a step-by-step guide on how to infiltrate school staff with hardline Muslim supporters who can push through plans to transfer the schools into academies, meaning they will not be subject to local authority rules and can be run independently - with the ultimate aim of imposing fundamental Islamic values.

Further plots by religious fundamentalists to infiltrate schools are likely to occur if more schools opt out of local council control, Labour’s children’s minister said on Friday. Birmingham Selly Oak MP Steve McCabe said the extraordinary Salafist plot was not the first time that such groups had tried to oust headteachers and replace them with extremist sympathisers.

Mr McCabe told the Independent: “This is not the first time this has happened. The difference here is the suggestion in the paper, and I know no different, that this is some sort of concerted organisation and strategy paper. I know heads that have been suspended or driven out because of the enormous pressure they are put under by certain groups or cliques trying to usurp them.

My objection is that it doesn't taste like pork.

That would be my objection too, but it seems the parents and children of Brinsworth have become animal welfare activists, albeit probably misguided in this instance.

Its not just reported in the DM though, and it is what parents have said.

Not these two, although they look like they've a Vitamin D deficiency

http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AntiHalal1_228x151.jpg

The threat title and OP is an entirety separate issue to the removal of pork from a school menu.

So in what way is the thread title relevant then?

Something is seriously wrong here. The last time I looked I was living in england and it is country with Christian beliefs.
Worshipping Meadowhall during December isn't an indication of 'Christian beliefs'.

If this upsets you, please feel free to go to another country that adheres to your wants and needs. Its the minority that are trying to influence the majority at the moment. We shouldnt have to adjust our lives to the needs of the minority, it should be the other way round.

How is your life being adjusted daftlad?

That would be my objection too, but it seems the parents and children of Brinsworth have become animal welfare activists, albeit probably misguided in this instance.

Not these two, although they look like they've a Vitamin D deficiency

http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AntiHalal1_228x151.jpg

Are those two Brinsworth parents, if not what is the relevance to the discussion.

The side of Muslims? I'm taking the side of continuing to eat meat that I've enjoyed eating for at least 40 years to my knowledge long before the BNP and EDL started taking chunks out of Muslims just because they don't like them.

Tell me Anna Glypta, what's your objection to eating pre-stunned halal meat, would you prefer to ignore the most likely possibility that the halal meat being served at Brinsworth school is pre-stunned just like your wife has to be before your Friday night leg over?

Like I said the side of the Muslims. As always.

I see you have resorted to your petty insults now that you have lost the argument. You will have to imagine how my partner and I perform when you are wearing your burka and giving yourself your nightly wrist job.

So in what way is the thread title relevant then?

Its relevant to the OP but not the school meals which we are now discussing for some reason.

As I said, if the school meals became more expensive and the meat wasn't pre-stunned, I'd more understand the objections-otherwise it just looks like pork, scratching.

You are deliberately ignoring the point that it is more expensive to provide a halal option unless you drop the non-halal option (my kids school has just one menu choice). We therefore either incur additional cost or we incur a limitation of choice in terms of how the meat is slaughter and what meat can be eaten. Neither is acceptable to me because there is impact on non-Muslims... its their beliefs, their business, their problem.

I think that says more about your lack of knowledge than anything else.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/birmingham-council-investigates-muslim-fundamentalist-plot-to-take-over-local-schools-9177506.html

Birmingham council investigates 'Muslim fundamentalist plot to take over local schools'

Entryism on this scale is a different kettle of fish to a change in a menu. Start a new thread on it - it's worth debating for sure but not here...

You are deliberately ignoring the point that it is more expensive to provide a halal option unless you drop the non-halal option (my kids school has just one menu choice). We therefore either incur additional cost or we incur a limitation of choice in terms of how the meat is slaughter and what meat can be eaten. Neither is acceptable to me because there is impact on non-Muslims... its their beliefs, their business, their problem.

I wonder if that's just simple anti Muslim prejudice?

Do you similarly object to schools laying on special foods at Christmas?