Muslim Extremists trying to take over schools

Who should they be providing a separate meal for, and for what reasons?

Muslim are the ones with special needs... if they didn't self limit their choice because of religious beliefs then there would be nothing to discuss. But they do which leaves us the choice of separate halal meals (extra cost) or replacing non-halal meals with halal meals (imposing Muslim practices and restrictions on everyone else). Many schools opt for the later which is unacceptabe in my opinion.

Personally I don't see any problem in selling pork based products and pre-stunned halal originated non pork products, it's ridiculous that people get their knickers in a twist about halal meat without knowing how it's been slaughtered and whether subject to pre-stunning, you'll see from the DM article that it's the objectors regard for halal meat that's created the most indignation rather than being denied luncheon meat fritters.

The problem is that having choice between pork based meals and halal meals adds to the cost of providing school diners!

Alas, the Persecution Complex Card! :banana:

Alas. Boyfriday mindlessly taking the side of muslims in every debate..as usual. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

The primary concern is that pork is off the menu.

A few tasty titbits, hardly any mention from the parents about the loss of pork from the menu (assuming that's true).

The move comes as Britain's vet John Blackwell called for Muslims and Jews to use more 'acceptable' methods of killing.

A mother with an 11-year-old girl at the school, who asked not to be named for fear of being branded racist, said: 'At home I pay more for organic and free range food. I am a Christian but I don’t do it because of that, it’s more for the respect of how animals are killed.

The way the animals are slaughtered for halal meat is a religious killing and I don’t feel it should be in schools.

'My daughter has been anxious about the change as she has concerns about if it is humane killing. I believe in animal welfare rights and standards of meat production that halal does not follow.

Another mum of a son at the school said she believed that halal slaughtering was cruel. She added : 'My son is a really fussy eater and pork is his favourite meat. He’ll get bored having chicken all the time.'

'I’d want to know more about halal meat before I’d be happy for my children to eat it. I’ve been told it is not as well refrigerated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575724/Parents-fury-pork-sausages-banned-school-menu-replaced-halal-meat.html

Don't you think the school should be able to make 'minor adjustments' to their lunch menu?

Yes it it benefits the pupils and parents.

Not me, I said I didn't know if the story was true or not because based on the link to the DM article no mention is made by the school about banning pork.

The fact that the school and council haven't denied it would be reason to believe it.

You must have listened to numerous councilors, MP,s and people in top positions avoid answering a tricky question by giving the answer to a question that wasn't asked.

In this case the question is. Is pork banned? Its a yes/no answer. But the councils answer is that we still serve non halal meat, I have no doubt that this is the case but it didn't address the question, which leaves only one conclusion that they serve non halal meat but not pork, presumably because Muslims think its a filthy animal and pork anywhere near other meat would somehow taint the other meat.

Edited by ivanava

Don't you think the school should be able to make 'minor adjustments' to their lunch menu?

Why can't the Muslims make the minor adjustment? Their beliefs, their problem.

The primary concern is that pork is off the menu.

Have you any evidence that this is the case? There is a lot of heat about this but sadly little light. If pork has been banned then I'd have concerns, but I've seen no evidence that it has.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 16:58 ----------

Alas. Boyfriday mindlessly taking the side of muslims in every debate..as usual. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Alas. Anna resorting to debate by ad homeniem....

The side of Muslims? I'm taking the side of continuing to eat meat that I've enjoyed eating for at least 40 years to my knowledge long before the BNP and EDL started taking chunks out of Muslims just because they don't like them.

Tell me Anna Glypta, what's your objection to eating pre-stunned halal meat, would you prefer to ignore the most likely possibility that the halal meat being served at Brinsworth school is pre-stunned just like your wife has to be before your Friday night leg over?

A few tasty titbits, hardly any mention from the parents about the loss of pork from the menu (assuming that's true).

Parents fury as pork sausages are banned from the school menu and replaced with halal meat. Parents are complaining that pork is off the menu, no amount of twisting on your part will change that fact.

Why can't the Muslims make the minor adjustment? Their beliefs, their problem.

As I said, if the school meals became more expensive and the meat wasn't pre-stunned, I'd more understand the objections-otherwise it just looks like pork, scratching.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 17:01 ----------

Parents fury as pork sausages are banned from the school menu and replaced with halal meat. Parents are complaining that pork is off the menu, no amount of twisting on your part will change that fact.

I think you'll find that's the DM's strapline.

Have you any evidence that this is the case? There is a lot of heat about this but sadly little light. If pork has been banned then I'd have concerns, but I've seen no evidence that it has.

You are unlikely to see evidence if you choose not to look, which appears to be the case.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 17:03 ----------

Tell me Anna Glypta, what's your objection to eating pre-stunned halal meat, would you prefer to ignore the most likely possibility that the halal meat being served at Brinsworth school is pre-stunned just like your wife has to be before your Friday night leg over?

My objection is that it doesn't taste like pork.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 17:04 ----------

As I said, if the school meals became more expensive and the meat wasn't pre-stunned, I'd more understand the objections-otherwise it just looks like pork, scratching.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 17:01 ----------

I think you'll find that's the DM's strapline.

Its not just reported in the DM though, and it is what parents have said.

Edited by ivanava

The title of this thread is clearly (deliberately?) misleading. No one is trying to take over anything - there have been some minor alterations to the menu.

Something is seriously wrong here. The last time I looked I was living in england and it is country with Christian beliefs. If this upsets you, please feel free to go to another country that adheres to your wants and needs. Its the minority that are trying to influence the majority at the moment. We shouldnt have to adjust our lives to the needs of the minority, it should be the other way round.