Moving home..replaced other excuses?

After personal experience with rain rescue and reading the following "I want to help them all but its simply impossible" a load of rubbish!

I contacted rain rescue regarding my dog and the person who responded to my email simply did not want to know until I mentioned my dog was not a staffy (or crossed with) and that she had already been spayed, then the person I emailed suddenly was willing to help! Needless to say I stopped all correspondence because I felt an animal charity who put the animals needs first would not do this.

Seems a bit harsh - probably could only offer spaces to non-staffs because they already have loads of them they're have difficulty homing.

Seems a bit harsh - probably could only offer spaces to non-staffs because they already have loads of them they're have difficulty homing.

I was told no room what so ever was available, then as soon as I mentioned she wasn't staffy suddenly they have room?!

I was told no room what so ever was available, then as soon as I mentioned she wasn't staffy suddenly they have room?!

What kind of dog was it? Perhaps they knew they would be able to turn it around quickly seeing as it's already spayed etc, and could squeeze it in as it'd only be a short stay, maybe they even already had a suitable home waiting for that kind of dog.

Just to add I heard a rumour that the council is thinking of stopping new tennants bringing pets into their homes and the only ones allowed will be ones that were there before they bring the new rules in

Oh I really hope not, I would be heart broken if I could not have pets, I cant see people keeping to that rule, it will make things all the worse :(

What kind of dog was it? Perhaps they knew they would be able to turn it around quickly seeing as it's already spayed etc, and could squeeze it in as it'd only be a short stay, maybe they even already had a suitable home waiting for that kind of dog.

She is a collie lurcher, I just find it strange how no room then some.

She is a collie lurcher, I just find it strange how no room then some.

I cant speak for the rescue but I would imagine as said they will have known that they could re home that type of dog fairly quickly, they do have to be sensible if they take in to many of the dogs that they find it hard to re home they will be stuck there, and the kennels to full to help anything else with a constant outgoing financial drain and nothing coming in.

Its not easy but sometimes you have to look at the big picture of whats happening, it doesn't mean that they don't want to help or don't care, it means that they have to do the best with what they have and optimize the amount of dogs that they can help, Rain always have a lot of staffy's so its not that they wont take them, just not to many.

I cant speak for the rescue but I would imagine as said they will have known that they could re home that type of dog fairly quickly, they do have to be sensible if they take in to many of the dogs that they find it hard to re home they will be stuck there, and the kennels to full to help anything else with a constant outgoing financial drain and nothing coming in.

Its not easy but sometimes you have to look at the big picture of whats happening, it doesn't mean that they don't want to help or don't care, it means that they have to do the best with what they have and optimize the amount of dogs that they can help, Rain always have a lot of staffy's so its not that they wont take them, just not to many.

I highly doubt it to be honest as the dog in question had a few issues which was why I contacted them in the first place.

Or not! It may also be that they have people who can accommodate/look after a non staffy.

I don't mean adopt i mean temporarily home the dog.

Similarly when it comes to staffies and crosses - and i don't mean this as a personal attack on anyone, but owners may as well cut out the middle man( i.e rescue charity).

Or not! It may also be that they have people who can accommodate/look after a non staffy.

I don't mean adopt i mean temporarily home the dog.

Similarly when it comes to staffies and crosses - and i don't mean this as a personal attack on anyone, but owners may as well cut out the middle man( i.e rescue charity).

So why not say we don't have room for staffys and ask the breed of my dog? The reason I felt that rescue was better was due to home checks, I also had a sizeable donation I was going to make along with a large food donation.

I highly doubt it to be honest as the dog in question had a few issues which was why I contacted them in the first place.

It would have been better to ask them why really rather than slogging it out on here as I'm sure that they would have good reasons, sadly one breed of dog with issues might still be easier to re home than another breed without.

It's easier to have a go at Rescues rather than deal with guilt of rehoming eh!

bobgirlsnake, what where the issues with your dog? Maybe it was some thing easily sorted by the right people. What happened to this dog in the end?