Under 17 driving

theres sometimes a learner driver set up in Meadowhall carpark under viaduct. advertises 11-17 yr olds

did you actually read the OP at all, or are you just an idiot?

get a grip wazzock!

Motorpoint arena is a big open car park on private land, just make sure their isn't an event on ! If not Holbrook industrial estate is quiet on a saturday and Sunday night !

you could try the old norton aerodrome, if its still there

You need insurance and a driving license to drive on a road. The Road Traffic Act defines a 'road' in this context as 'any highway and any other road to which the public have access and includes bridges over which a road passes'.

In this context the 'to which the public have access' means these rules do apply to car parks which are open to the public even if they are owned by a private entity. There is case law to support this.

Therefore the parent and child would both be committing criminal offences and liable for prosecution if they followed Super Hans advice.

You could join the others driving around Arbourthorne or Manor estates

I think you will find you can get a scooter license at sixteen car license at seventeen.

Scooter license is 17 as well

My sons had his provisional since just after his 16th birthday, when he was thinking about getting a scooter.

You can have a provisional licence for scooter/motrbike at 16 but you take your test on same. this would not entitle you to drive a car Nikki, it's a different provisional licence for a car and the minimum age is 17.

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 15:43 ----------

Scooter license is 17 as well

No it isn't - it's 16 but you are restricted to the engine size

50cc with some funky restrictor at 16 IIRC, then 125cc at 17.

I think thats how I remember it was.