Under 17 driving

Exactly, we did look into car parks and the insurance is the issue.

If you are on private land you have no need for insurance or tax, but super market car parks not sure.

Thanks but its not so easy, as soon as the CCTV sees you security are out.

Many use meadowhall driviung area but at £60 per hour many people there only do it as a treat.

Pitty as I am sure there is a need. Under controlled circumstances though.

If the driver is under 17 (as per the OP) then how can they be insured to drive ?They won't even have a provisional licence will they? Genuine question..

My sons had his provisional since just after his 16th birthday, when he was thinking about getting a scooter.

If the driver is under 17 (as per the OP) then how can they be insured to drive ?They won't even have a provisional licence will they? Genuine question..

I was talking in general, A genuine instructor with a genuine pupil using a super market car park for part of there tuition, i.e teaching them how to park using the marked parking bays.

Thanks but its not so easy, as soon as the CCTV sees you security are out.

Many use meadowhall driviung area but at £60 per hour many people there only do it as a treat.

Pitty as I am sure there is a need. Under controlled circumstances though.

I can imagine the reasons these places don't exist anymore is due to the insurance the company would need to run the place v's the income.

Well they can get a provisional 3 moths before they are 17 but cant drive on the road. They can insure the car but again they cant drive until 17.

My sons had his provisional since just after his 16th birthday, when he was thinking about getting a scooter.

I think you will find you can get a scooter license at sixteen car license at seventeen.

The trading estate on Queeens Road is perfect.

The 'private land' law only applies if its your land or you have the land owners permission or 1000's of farmers kids would be arrested all year round.

Pop into the police station and speak to them. Im sure they could give advice and wouldnt be that bothered if you got caught in a sensible location.

And what happens when she crashes into another vehicle?

She loses confidence so one less driver on the road yay!

I think you will find you can get a scooter license at sixteen car license at seventeen.

Yes, so you can get a provisional license at 16. As I said.

Hi, I am looking for somewhere to take my daughter to experience driving. We have used the place at Medowhall once but this is not cheap.

I looked at the old Norton airfield but this is closed, pitty as I am sure people would use it.

If she has a provisional license and your have a full one. Get her insured on the car under your insurance and buy some L plates.

She can then legeally drive on any B road in the UK. Country lanes are perfect.