Under 17 driving

Hi, I am looking for somewhere to take my daughter to experience driving. We have used the place at Medowhall once but this is not cheap.

I looked at the old Norton airfield but this is closed, pitty as I am sure people would use it.

Could use any large carpark on a quiet day, Meadowhall, Asda...until they tell you to move on there isn't a problem legally.

Any supermarket car park!

And what happens when she crashes into another vehicle?

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 10:56 ----------

Could use any large carpark on a quiet day, Meadowhall, Asda...until they tell you to move on there isn't a problem legally.

I don't think thats correct, if its open to the public you still need insurance etc. I believe any private carpark with public access falls under the road traffic act.

Edited by Bonjon

I wonder how many is going to post saying, you are not insured on private land?

I have seen many driving instructors take there pupils in super market car parks primarily to teach them how to reverse.

Edited by kidley

100% wrong. Or you're trolling.

IIRC it actually still counts in a supermarket car park.

Exactly, we did look into car parks and the insurance is the issue.

And what happens when she crashes into another vehicle?.

In the evening when they close obviously. :roll:

In the evening when they close obviously. :roll:

Most places employ night staff to stock the shelves tho, so there's always a couple of cars in there.

Not to mention barriers, lights, trolley bays and and all that other stuff they can damage.

We were looking into this for my son, hes had some lessons at Meadowhall but we couldnt find anywhere else so hes just waiting intil hes old enough.

Before you go and get your parents to take you to a supermarket car park which are private property remember the public generally have access, and while technically you might not need a driving licence to drive in a supermarket car park, YOU DO NEED to be insured to legally drive there. If you are driving in a supermarket car park without a driving licence, then you won't be insured, and if you hit someone or even if someone hit you, then you would be in big trouble, so don't drive in a supermarket car park without a driving licence and insurance!

From...

http://www.search2drive.com/under_17_learner_drivers

I have seen many driving instructors take there pupils in super market car parks primarily to teach them how to reverse.

If the driver is under 17 (as per the OP) then how can they be insured to drive ?They won't even have a provisional licence will they? Genuine question..