Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Yes it says parked outside of a marked bay

Thanks for that, I will keep an eye out

Happily the alleged contravention (it wasn't a contravention, we paid and didn't overstay) was just over 6 years ago (May 2010). Otherwise, what a load of rigmarole to go through to defend a court claim. My only slight worry is that they may have applied to court just within time and the papers haven't come through. Just about to go away for 2 weeks as well, so hoping that nothing comes through while I'm away.

Does anybody know exactly when the POFA thing came into being? I've been googling for ages and can't find anything. Need to send BW Legal a letter and it would be good to have got my facts right. PCN (alledged) contravention took place May 2012. Ta.

my uneducated opinion would be, if the original parking company has passed it on to a debt recovery agency, there is little chance you will be taken to court over the charge, but take note of my bold.

Does anybody know exactly when the POFA thing came into being? I've been googling for ages and can't find anything. Need to send BW Legal a letter and it would be good to have got my facts right. PCN (alledged) contravention took place May 2012. Ta.

This Guidance would suggest 1st October 2012, but do read it yourself.

This Guidance would suggest 1st October 2012, but do read it yourself.

Thanks for that, it does say 1st October. Seems Vehicle Control Services Limited have been passing on/selling information illegally. BW Legal are flouting the very law they claim to be expert in ... as well as leaving pestering phone messages at my girlfriend's house, which is worrying the hell out of her. Seems a bit like harassment to me.

Thanks for that, it does say 1st October. Seems Vehicle Control Services Limited have been passing on/selling information illegally. BW Legal are flouting the very law they claim to be expert in ... as well as leaving pestering phone messages at my girlfriend's house, which is worrying the hell out of her. Seems a bit like harassment to me.

If that is the case, you may wish to mention it to the Data Protection Registrar. ;)

Been nabbed parking in this car park for 80mins , my fault truly

I am just about to pay the £60 fine.

But over a drink with friends, just wondering if there's any loop holes to avoid paying?

Worth a try?

Cheers

Offer to pay the fee and a contribution towards costs. Send a cheque.

Does it say pay with in so many day's and get a reduction, it did when I got stung in Chapeltown Asda's car park, should have been £70 paid early so only £50 my fault over the two hour limit. :(

Just in cast anyone did not know the camera's are just as you go into the car park at Chapeltown Asda high up so they get you going in and out they also send you pictures with the fine date time spent in car park etc, to show it's you. :(

Yes, £100 within 28 days or £60 before 14days. . . . A pal just said something like "council can only dish out fines" . . . Not sure about this though, if it's private land you have to pay up.?

Thanks for your help, keep them trickling in :)