Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Be aware that parking fines are being issued when parked in unmarked area. especially behind Iceland.

This is private land - parking 'fines' cannot be issued - these are parking 'charges' and can usually be successfully appealed against.

Also if you get one of these and there was no other option than to park where you did (ie the there were no other spaces, take a photo with your phone if possible) then go to the shop you were shopping and ask them to intervene with the parking management company on your behalf.

This is private land - parking 'fines' cannot be issued - these are parking 'charges' and can usually be successfully appealed against.

Also if you get one of these and there was no other option than to park where you did (ie the there were no other spaces, take a photo with your phone if possible) then go to the shop you were shopping and ask them to intervene with the parking management company on your behalf.

We did that. But the shop manager at Aldi says he cannot do anything about it.

Apparently the law has changed in 2012 and parking company can send debt collectors to get the money off people. There was a case which went to court and the judgement was in favour of the parking company. I saw that online some times ago.

The parking seen clearly says to park only between white lines.

Anyone got parking /fine/charges at Aldi on Flora street recently?

Yes I got one today, same place. I had a chat with the Aldi manager as well, same response.I'm going to pay it at the " reduced " rate of £60.00 as I don't have the time to appeal and just thinking about it gets me so angry.

Hi

Just want to know. Is there a time limit for the submission of a Parking Charge Notice on private land?

Anybody got any idea?

Thanks

As it's an invoice and not an enforceable fine, I can't see there being any time limit.

As it's an invoice and not an enforceable fine, I can't see there being any time limit.

There is.

Was it a windscreen or ticket from an anpr camera....

Does anyone have any contact with kirkbylad, I need to ask him something but can't pm him.

Many thanks

Does anyone have any contact with kirkbylad, I need to ask him something but can't pm him.

Many thanks

You may wish to read posts 846 & 879 on this thread before contacting him.

Thanks for that, it's something I had spoken to him about previously and just wondered if he could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Don't know if it helps - but we have photos that were taken on 21st April 2015 showing there were no parking restrictions in place prior to that date out side Iceland, Flora Street, Sheffield - and the sign only says do not park where there are restrictions. If you want copies to cover any documentation you are sending back let me k- now and I will send them via email to you.

Edited by tisnoti