Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Hi all

Just some advice please?

Parked at NGH other day for a meeting in one of the teaching buildings, same spot I'd parked in the month before where I had no issues. It wasn't in the pay and display car park that was close by, but in an unmarked area with no double yellow lines. As said, previously parked there with no issues so did so again. This time found myself and all the cars next to me with a parking charge on my windscreen from CPP.

Anyone aware of this company or have any advice for me? Should I wait for a letter through the post before appealing?

(Parking penalty newbie here)

I am planning on returning to the spot to take photos of the lack of clear direction regarding parking at that spot, to show it was not in a pay/display car park and that there was no signage to say otherwise.

Whats the idea behind offering £3?

The idea (suggestion) is simply an offer to cover any ticket losses (depending on what the pay/display ticket charges are) and can be included with the appeal, an option that the company can take or leave.

I parked in a car park "controlled" by a company called Parking Eye. I didn't pay the fee as the machine was out of order and covered and locked.I had walked from my car to the only machine in the area of the car park. I looked and could not see another pay machine (although there probably was one) from the elevated position where the u/s machine was. I walked back to my car , collected goods to be returned to the shopping centre and took them back. I returned to my car and left. According to the ANPR details I was in the park 18 minutes. I received a "parking invoice" letter with a £100 pound charge...reduced to £60 if I payed up quickly! I appealed to them and have got a reply yesterday the 27th. Not surprisingly my appeal was rejected, they have given me a POPLA reference number, and out of the goodness of there heart say that I can still pay the £60 if I pay within 14 days of the date on the letter (letter dated 20th by the way!!!)

OK, I know that I should have payed ...I don't need anyone telling me that thank you, I am just asking what is the current procedure, do I carry on with the POPLA appeal or pay up? Any sensible and constructive advice will be most welcome. Thank you in anticipation.

Go and complain to parking owner.

That is always first step before contacting Parking Eye.

PE only manages it for someone else.

Some store manager or something.

If that fails write to head office that you will no longer wish to be their customer and they can shove it. You are not amused by entrapment and will take it to court if necessary. And claim for damages and wasted time.

At this point you are most likely to receive 10£ voucher, apologies and have it sorted.

You have only limited time for POPLA so act quick.

If that won't work POPLA advice on MSE is sound and nearly guaranteed win in your case. Guaranteed if you have picture with broken machine.

Anyone had any problems with parking at Staples at the bottom of The Moor in town? Ive had a £100 PCN for under two hours sent to me from Vehicle Control Services Ltd.

If.you been shopping in the stores there you can appeal. But there is a time limit on the stay time. It's due to all the people parking there and popping I to town or to the football. The controls in.place do work for the normal shoppers

Anyone had any problems with parking at Staples at the bottom of The Moor in town? Ive had a £100 PCN for under two hours sent to me from Vehicle Control Services Ltd.

As far as I know you're allowed 2 hours free parking.

Was the PCN stuck on the windscreen by an operative or did it arrive in the post after being generated from ANPR data?

Just wondering if anyone has had a parking fine for parking in the car park at the rear of farm foods in hillsborough I never knew there was a restriction of only one hour I received a parking fine of £85 today my husband says he's not paying it as he feels this is ridiculous I was with my daughter and grandson that day shopping the local shops farm foods and dunelm my grandson needed feeding as he was born premature so needed feeding quite often so we had to feed him in one of the shops what crime did we act upon that day apart from shopping just thought I would warn people that don't know like I didn't and if anyone actually paid the fine I find this very unfair

Sorry i know this has been brought up loads of times but i got a car park letter from b n m car park and hubby said i must pay it, am i correct by saying i dont need to pay it

Thanks

A while ago I received a "parking fine" at the large B & Q out Mansfield way. It stated that I'd overstayed my allotted time. I did some research and found the "fines" for parking on private land are only "invoices" and unenforceable. They are made to look very official, almost like something from the police. It is a different matter if it is council owned land.

It was a worry so I retraced my steps and found that from entering the car park to driving around to the same parking bay, I passed no evidence of signs with the parking regulations. I walked around the car park to find that there were signs but a long way from where I'd parked and placed so high on posts as to be hardly readable. I took the matter up with B & Q, explaining that if they wanted me to shop there and use their coffee bar, this was not the way to do it. They cancelled the "fine" for me. At that time I understood that only something like 2% were taken to court - and that in any case all the company have lost is the amount they would have charged for parking - not £100. I can only find that all this is still relevant and most people who pay do so because they feel intimidated and it must be right, but would love to know if anyone really knows different.