Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Basically the sign above the machine says no parking restrictions on Sunday. However, if you read the machine it says you have to pay ( see link ). What's your thoughts would the parking ticket be valid? http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/pennangton/Mobile%20Uploads/20151025_133343_zpshiorvdh1.jpg http://rs809.pbsrc.com/albums/zz17/pennangton/Mobile%20Uploads/20151025_133343_zpshiorvdh1.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

---------- Post added 25-10-2015 at 18:18 ----------

Both pics should show on link

Both photo's of the parking machine, where's the sign that says that Sunday is free?

Hi All,

Been reading through these threads a while now & also looking on some other advice sites.

However, I've not yet come across a case like mine, or rather, my Son's.

He received a PCN from Vehicle Control Services (Excel parking was written on the outside of the envelope) for 'overstaying' the allowed 2Hrs at the DFS car park at St Marys Road retail park, Sheffield.

This is for £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days) for 'staying' for 163 minutes, 43 minutes over.

They have included the entry & exit photos with the car reg on & also the times, which agree with what they say in the letter.

However, and this is the bit that really annoys me, in between the entry & exit time they have supplied (which are correct) there is also another exit & re-entry which they seem to have left out. In actual fact he parked a short time twice, not one long stay.

He went into the shop to look for a sofa, found one & left after about 20 minutes to go home & measure up & then returned about an hour and a half later to order & pay for the said item.

So, the actual parking time was about 90 minutes less than in the PCN.

Not sure what to do here. I would appeal anyway, with no intention of paying but I feel that they have tampered with 'evidence' for their own financial gain, surely not a legal thing to do ........

Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Phil.

Here's a bit of info...it may or may not help but.....

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1426952

Send the two photos to parking services, I guess the machine sign is the wrong one and should be a different version.

Can someone help and advise me please!!

Just been to flora street home bargains and got a fine!!.. The car park was chocca and saw that just as you drive in near the yellow markings are that cars were parked there and there was a space so parked there. I was gone ten minutes to have got a ticket !.. The warden said it was a restricted area even though it was not on the yellow marked part and said its because it's a restricted area where the cars were parked as there were no white lines on the floor but I actually just parked in a spot round 9 other cars?!

Noticed loads of cars with PCNs on them at Centretainment tonight - there's going to be lots of people who wished they hadn't parked on the pavements. Expensive night out!

I got a demand for £45 doubled to £90 because I didn't pay immediately. I did what Dar Night did

I challenged it and asked for all dimensions of the car park and all demarcation lines including disabled areas.

They dropped the charge.

Barry Beavis loses Supreme Court parking battle

Barry Beavis, 47, of Chelmsford, Essex, claimed an £85 charge for breaching a two-hour limit in the town in April 2013 was "unfair and disproportionate".

The Court of Appeal dismissed Mr Beavis's claim against management company ParkingEye.

He appealed to the Supreme Court, but judges there have also reject his case. The company said its charges were "fair" and "legally enforceable".

Mr Beavis, who owns The Happy Haddock chip shop in Billericay, was charged by ParkingEye after over-staying the free parking period at Riverside Retail Park by nearly an hour.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34721126

Good news and one in the eye for the "something-for-nothing" "world revolves-around-me" smirkers. Hopefully private parking companies will now ramp up their game to give a fair crack to all car users and punish those who abuse the use of other people's private land.

Anyone remember the extortionate cost charged by clampers for very minor indiscretions?

This is a virtual version of that.

Edited by SnailyBoy