Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

That peice of paper has the same weight legally as my post to you now which says you owe me money because you parked in the co op with the wrong shade of red car..

Please read the very first post in the thread

"Ignoring is not a good idea now. If you ignore it gives the company a chance to sue you for up to 6 years from the date of the parking event (5 years in Scotland). You dont want to be going for a mortgage and find out you have a ccj at a previous address, when it can all be sorted out easily."

The landscape of parking tickets has changed somewhat now. Don't ignore them.

Please read the very first post in the thread

"Ignoring is not a good idea now. If you ignore it gives the company a chance to sue you for up to 6 years from the date of the parking event (5 years in Scotland). You dont want to be going for a mortgage and find out you have a ccj at a previous address, when it can all be sorted out easily."

The landscape of parking tickets has changed somewhat now. Don't ignore them.

Hence the rest of my post telling them to appeal , how to appeal , where to get help etc

P.S I could take anyone to civil court and threaten to use court action I wouldn't win but its the fear that it installs into people.

P.S I could take anyone to civil court and threaten to use court action I wouldn't win but its the fear that it installs into people.

Yes- but this is true of any litigation. Once the claimant starts it, he/she will win unless the defendant defends.

Parking ticket from the council pay it! Private parking Bin it!

It will say something to the effect of, Pay now £ 40 for fast payment Or full £120 if yoou do not pay in 14 days. Some silly thing like that. A true parking ticket from the council you have to pay . Private parking bin it!.

---------- Post added 19-07-2015 at 23:31 ----------

Aldi, Asda etc bin it!!

---------- Post added 19-07-2015 at 23:35 ----------

These supposed 'fines' handed out are merely invoices, often unenforceable.

---------- Post added 20-07-2015 at 00:01 ----------

To make it clear. I put my car on your driveway. You put a ticket on my car. What chance do you have getting that money? Your driveway is exactly the same as a car park at lidl. = No chance of getting a payment!

Parking ticket from the council pay it! Private parking Bin it!

It will say something to the effect of, Pay now £ 40 for fast payment Or full £120 if yoou do not pay in 14 days. Some silly thing like that. A true parking ticket from the council you have to pay . Private parking bin it!.

---------- Post added 19-07-2015 at 23:31 ----------

Aldi, Asda etc bin it!!

---------- Post added 19-07-2015 at 23:35 ----------

These supposed 'fines' handed out are merely invoices, often unenforceable.

---------- Post added 20-07-2015 at 00:01 ----------

To make it clear. I put my car on your driveway. You put a ticket on my car. What chance do you have getting that money? Your driveway is exactly the same as a car park at lidl. = No chance of getting a payment!

Why post untruths? You know full well that just "binning the ticket" doesn't work these days. Telling people to do this is just pure nastiness.

Do not ignore mate, the rules have changed, they will pursue it, and you could end up with a CCJ !

Thanks megalithic, can you, or anyone else clarify the above and answer the following?

1: What % of people who ignore PCN's, are being taken to court?

2: Specifically what rules have changed?

Thanks.

Thanks megalithic, can you, or anyone else clarify the above and answer the following?

1: What % of people who ignore PCN's, are being taken to court?

2: Specifically what rules have changed?

Thanks.

The law changed back in 2012 in a way that makes it more likely that you will be taken to court, and that you will lose if you don't present a defence.

I doubt that anyone can provide a % figure, but it's definitely happening.

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 15:12 ----------

Why post untruths? You know full well that just "binning the ticket" doesn't work these days. Telling people to do this is just pure nastiness.

Or stupidity more likely.

but the every now and then theytry to take people to court to force them to pay up even more money

They tried to get £150 out of us!!

We saw them in court - and they ended up having to pay US £80 ;)

Thieving ******** :rant:

Its just nonsense, ignore it and any future correspondence, not worth the paper its printed on!

Until you get court papers, which probably will happen... At which point your advice turns out to be have been very unhelpful.

Appeal the ticket using the popla system immediately.

Appeal the ticket using the popla system immediately

Seconded!.............

We wish we'd done that at the start

The court was a risk and an unnecessary hassle

Even though we won! :D

They tried to get £150 out of us!!

We saw them in court - and they ended up having to pay US £80 ;)

Thieving ******** :rant:

How did that happen, were they told to pay your costs??