Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Its an invoice. Ignore it and the subsequent letters demanding cash. You owe them nothing.

Its an invoice. Ignore it and the subsequent letters demanding cash. You owe them nothing.

The ignore advice used to be true - not so anymore. The OP is better off following alchresearch's link for the most current advice.

Should have a had it on display! How does anyone know the car is genuine if it's not on display. It clearly states o the signs in the car park and on the badge.

I'm glad they are finally enforcing this there. And if a disabled person chooses not to display their badge then that's their choice and epet a fine! There are far too many people who abuse you.

Should have a had it on display! How does anyone know the car is genuine if it's not on display. It clearly states o the signs in the car park and on the badge.

I'm glad they are finally enforcing this there. And if a disabled person chooses not to display their badge then that's their choice and epet a fine! There are far too many people who abuse you.

You being one of them.

But seriously, haddy has a point.

Pay or Display!

I think there should be a bit of lee-way. If you have a blue badge and forget to display it, its not the end of the world.

My way would be that if you can provide evidence you have a blue badge, send it, along with maybe a reduced payment of a fiver for their time in dealing with the ticket, that would surely be a better compromise?

£5 is hardly going to cover the cost it took for the person to issue the ticket, paper cost of the equipment hire and any follow up letters and details obtained of ownership.

Should display everytime if you don't then that's your issue

Hi everyone,

Anyone been in my predicament parking in the Mile stone pub car park being issued a parking ticket?

I parked today and got a ticket which stated " not parked correctly within the markings of the bay space". I've briefly read the 30 or so pages of this thread to find similar and also the guidance from websites, but would really appreciate help in 'lay men's' terms on this. I've taken a pic of how I was parked which I'm trying to upload.

Many thanks

Hi everyone,

Anyone been in my predicament parking in the Mile stone pub car park being issued a parking ticket?

I parked today and got a ticket which stated " not parked correctly within the markings of the bay space". I've briefly read the 30 or so pages of this thread to find similar and also the guidance from websites, but would really appreciate help in 'lay men's' terms on this. I've taken a pic of how I was parked which I'm trying to upload.

Many thanks

Its just nonsense, ignore it and any future correspondence, not worth the paper its printed on!

We'd like a bit of advice please, we've just come home from our caravan at Chapel St Leonard's, we parked our car in the co op car park as we couldn't get a disabled space we parked up and displayed my blue badge. We did our shopping in the co op, went and had some dinner I'm sure there's no signs up well we didn't see one...

As we're nearing 70 were not as quick as we were and I'm registered disabled, they say we were there an hour and a half I'm not sure about this :huh:

How legal is this piece of paper anyone know, I'm all for not paying but my husband is a bit wary...thanks for any help :

We'd like a bit of advice please, we've just come home from our caravan at Chapel St Leonard's, we parked our car in the co op car park as we couldn't get a disabled space we parked up and displayed my blue badge. We did our shopping in the co op, went and had some dinner I'm sure there's no signs up well we didn't see one...

As we're nearing 70 were not as quick as we were and I'm registered disabled, they say we were there an hour and a half I'm not sure about this :huh:

How legal is this piece of paper anyone know, I'm all for not paying but my husband is a bit wary...thanks for any help :

That peice of paper has the same weight legally as my post to you now which says you owe me money because you parked in the co op with the wrong shade of red car.

A lot of people ignore the ticket and normally nowt happens but the every now and then theytry to take people to court to force them to pay up even more money.

You can pay if you don't want the hassle but it really is like paying a fraudster to stop contacting you.

I personally love the challenge, so join pepipoo, tell them your story and sort an appeal out ,get on Facebook and Twitter or get someone to get on Facebook and Twitter for you, keep bugging co op to explain how they ga e ot a ticket to a disabled person for shopping too long in their shop and they will soon cancel the ticket or you will win at appeal.

It is quit enjoyable beating these people, costing them money and you will learn along the way for any occasion in the future.