Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Its nothing at all to do with these cameras being unrealiable - the companies will know full well you have been in and out twice and they are merely trying it on by "snipping" the second and third camera passes out of the timeline.

Surely this is fraud and should be reported to the Police.

Not really. Just to play devils advocate, the signage states Maximum Stay 2 hours, No return within 5 hours. It doesn't say you have 2 hours stay within a 5 hour period. So even if you have only gone in for 10 minutes, the signage states that you cannot return for 5 hours. They're the operators; it is their terms for you parking there. You don't HAVE to park and shop there.

Not really. Just to play devils advocate, the signage states Maximum Stay 2 hours, No return within 5 hours. It doesn't say you have 2 hours stay within a 5 hour period. So even if you have only gone in for 10 minutes, the signage states that you cannot return for 5 hours. They're the operators; it is their terms for you parking there. You don't HAVE to park and shop there.

That could be interpreted two ways.

It could mean that it doesn't matter how long you are there for, any visits must be separated by a period longer than 5 hours.

Or it could mean that that the two hours resets to zero after a 5 hour gap.

That could be interpreted two ways.

It could mean that it doesn't matter how long you are there for, any visits must be separated by a period longer than 5 hours.

Or it could mean that that the two hours resets to zero after a 5 hour gap.

I would suggest the latter. But it is maximum stay so anything up to two hours is allowed and then resets to zero after 5 hours is how I would interpret it.

I've had my PCN appeal rejected. Is it worth pursuing POPLA now since recent court judgement on 23rd April? And who'd you recommend to do this on my behalf? Thank you.

Help!!!! So I have received a contractual parking notice for parking in meadowhall retail park from a company called G24 Ltd. I have ignored this and I have received a final notice informing me that if I don't pay up the £50 they will pass it on to a debt collection agency. I am so angry at getting this as in my eyes I have done nothing wrong apart from have dinner and look around quite a few of the shops. We then went and had a coffee in McDonald's. I haven't appealed as I've been told to ignore it as it's an invoice and not a proper parking fine but after reading various comments on here I'm not sure what to do as now I've got the final notice I'm not allowed to appeal. Any advice would be appreciated.

you can safely ignore the debt collectors, They dont have any authority, anything els i cant advise.

Help!!!! So I have received a contractual parking notice for parking in meadowhall retail park from a company called G24 Ltd. I have ignored this and I have received a final notice informing me that if I don't pay up the £50 they will pass it on to a debt collection agency. I am so angry at getting this as in my eyes I have done nothing wrong apart from have dinner and look around quite a few of the shops. We then went and had a coffee in McDonald's. I haven't appealed as I've been told to ignore it as it's an invoice and not a proper parking fine but after reading various comments on here I'm not sure what to do as now I've got the final notice I'm not allowed to appeal. Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you looked on the pepipoo web site

Of course you can still appeal if you want to. Just because there letter says you can't does not make it so. And the debt collectors letter is nothing more than them trying the next trick up there sleeve. Unless you get an official letter from a court saying you must come and stand in front of a judge then just bin everything. Don't even open them.

I would be highly surprised if it came to that. If it does then either plead your case and hope to win or pay. until then keep your pennies.

Hi,

I got a ticket from VCS at Centertainment back in 2010/2011. I ignored the leters as was recommended back then and after a while (and using various aliases/debt recover/solicitors etc) they gave up, not heard anything for a few years now.

Out of the blue I have received a letter from Rossendale Debt recovery asking for £100 on behalf of VCS. No reference to reg, date or location of the transgression.

Should I just ignore or have the rules changed and can be applied to 'historic' tickets like mine?

Thanks