Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Agreed (except the dole thing as then the tax payer is funding them :) )

I would make them work for their dole money forcing them to wear bright yellow shirts with the words " I used to fleece motorists with scam invoices " on the back so everyone knew what a scumbag they were.

I know there is a lot of info about Parking Eye on here but can't find anything to answer my question, so hope you can help...

Last June my elderly dad overstayed in a free (Farmfoods) Worksop car park by 10 minutes. He got an 'invoice' from Parking Eye on his car.

However, as I had had a similar experience in the Centertainment car park 2-3 years ago and got helpful advice from this forum to ignore all correspondence and it would go away, I told him to do the same, which he did.

Little did I know that the rules had changed, and so when he told me about the last couple of letters that came through threatening him with court I continued to tell him to ignore them.

Last week he told me that he had had a letter on 15 April from Northampton County Court issuing a judgement against him for £135, and after researching on the web I now find that the rules have changed and it wasn't such a good idea to ignore Parking Eye after all.

Is there anything he can do? Does he have to pay £135 to the court? I feel really bad about it all now as he was prepared to pay the Parking Eye invoice in the first place and it was me who insisted that he didn't.

I know there is a lot of info about Parking Eye on here but can't find anything to answer my question, so hope you can help...

Last June my elderly dad overstayed in a free (Farmfoods) Worksop car park by 10 minutes. He got an 'invoice' from Parking Eye on his car.

However, as I had had a similar experience in the Centertainment car park 2-3 years ago and got helpful advice from this forum to ignore all correspondence and it would go away, I told him to do the same, which he did.

Little did I know that the rules had changed, and so when he told me about the last couple of letters that came through threatening him with court I continued to tell him to ignore them.

Last week he told me that he had had a letter on 15 April from Northampton County Court issuing a judgement against him for £135, and after researching on the web I now find that the rules have changed and it wasn't such a good idea to ignore Parking Eye after all.

Is there anything he can do? Does he have to pay £135 to the court? I feel really bad about it all now as he was prepared to pay the Parking Eye invoice in the first place and it was me who insisted that he didn't.

Ignoring them (companies) is perfectly fine, but you cant ignore a letter from court if they try to take it that far. They have automatically won the case because it was not defended.

Just watching Parking Mad on BBC1, with all the various different parking schemes and enforcements across the country - you certainly don't want the bailiffs in Croydon getting involved on outstanding parking bills - adding £288 to the outstanding bill!

Interesting to see Westminster trying an approach of advising incorrectly parked drivers to move on, rather than instantly giving out parking tickets - apparently halving the number of tickets they issue.

Nice to see it's not just Sheffielders moaning about parking restrictions and charges :)

I said right from the beginning not to ignore these, and that court action could be taken, and previously had. But people decided to listen to the armchair lawyers who clearly knew what they were on about :rolleyes:

Just watching Parking Mad on BBC1, with all the various different parking schemes and enforcements across the country - you certainly don't want the bailiffs in Croydon getting involved on outstanding parking bills - adding £288 to the outstanding bill!

Interesting to see Westminster trying an approach of advising incorrectly parked drivers to move on, rather than instantly giving out parking tickets - apparently halving the number of tickets they issue.

Nice to see it's not just Sheffielders moaning about parking restrictions and charges :)

I watched it too and those Baliff`s were enforcing COUNCIL ISSUED FINES. Private parking scumbags cannot fine anyone .

---------- Post added 25-04-2014 at 19:18 ----------

I said right from the beginning not to ignore these, and that court action could be taken, and previously had. But people decided to listen to the armchair lawyers who clearly knew what they were on about :rolleyes:

I had another begging letter drop through my letterbox this morning from the parking scammers . Apparently i overstayed my welcome in Staples car park ( again) on April 8th. :hihi::hihi: Now this must be about the 10th i have received for "Abusing" that car park over the past year , yet i have never once received court papers .

Just an update, I noticed yesterday that the "permit parking only" aspect of parking round the back of farm foods has now been taken up by Highview Parking.

Can't wait.

I partly agree - some do bring it on themselves. However, I don't agree with them not giving five or ten minutes grace, that's just spiteful.

My wife recently got one for parking in a disabled space at Sainsbury's Crystal Peaks. It was a genuine mistake as she thought it was parent and child space (the wheelchair may have given it away, but in her defence the disabled bays on the other aisles are marked yellow and this one was white).

Anyway, I was going to take it to appeal etc, but she complained to Sainsburys themselves and they told her to pay it, send the receipt and they would refund the money. It was in shopping vouchers but we shop there often anyway so it didn't matter.

welcome back to this old soap thread Bonjon lol :D

i took the armchair advice, and never paid a penny either. big up the armchair lawyers, some of them know what they are onabout :hihi:

People dont "Abuse " private land, they overstay their parking ticket by a few minutes

Do they, this says otherwise:

I love staples................ free parking all day . :hihi:

Still cant seem to tempt the cowboys into sending me on in the Farm Foods though. :( I keep trying , parking for hours on end ,but they dont seem to want to send me any of their junk mail.

anyone who still pays theses invoices should regard it as a "stupidity tax", just do a bit of reading and appeal in the right manner and you wont pay a penny.

previous advice to ignore worked fine and dandy until the recent changes, now the game has changed as to how to go about it, but the end result is the same, you still dont have to pay anything.