Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

I am trying to contact kirkbylad. My emails are being returned and I cannot pm you. Could you pm me please?

You may wish to have a read of this posting over at pepipoo

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=91362

or this one at parking Prankster

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/parking-ticket-appeals-service.html

N.B Read all the way to the end of the comments

I know nothing other than this

Edited by peak4

Thanks peak4 - that's confirmed what I suspected.

@ Tim 70 =I was charged £90 at B&M even though I was shopping in the store and have bank statement as proof. Have appealed via Appeal Parking Tickets, but now have £150 demand from debt collector. All my emails are being returned and I'm really worried now. I have tried 3 email addresses. Is Kirkybylad around?

Ignore it. G24 are scum.

---------- Post added 13-04-2015 at 12:15 ----------

You may wish to have a read of this posting over at pepipoo

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=91362

or this one at parking Prankster

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/parking-ticket-appeals-service.html

N.B Read all the way to the end of the comments

I know nothing other than this

What it says is..

Some people are angry because theyve been scammed out of 16 quid and now their charge has gone up...its something I warned about earlier in the thread. Do your own groundwork or ignore and play the odds...

---------- Post added 13-04-2015 at 12:17 ----------

Fairly sure you cannot claim for costs in the small claims court to deter companies using it and turning up with hoards of lawyers as a threat.*

I'm struggling to understand why you are getting so aggressive about all this. Many people on here have used KirkbyLads services and have reported back happy. Plenty of others have used POPLA and are happy. Some others have ignored completely and have been taken to court. Personally, I'd much rather take it to POPLA, have a MUCH higher chance of winning there by sending them a letter with the details on and cost the parking company money than risking going to court and potentially losing a days pay for the privilege. You are obviously welcome to go whichever route suits you if you get a ticket and it would be great that if you do simply ignore completely that you'd come back on here and report how you got on. If that is still a valid option then it could benefit others.

* after looking into this a bit further, if you lose you can pay a max of £90 a day in expenses to the other side but no lawyers costs etc. So I got the lawyer bit right and the rest wrong :)

Now you see why I got on that fellas case for promoting a service...its adding to peoples problems

Ignore it. G24 are scum.

What it says is..

Some people are angry because theyve been scammed out of 16 quid and now their charge has gone up...its something I warned about earlier in the thread. Do your own groundwork or ignore and play the odds...

Now you see why I got on that fellas case for promoting a service...its adding to peoples problems

I posted this much earlier in this thread:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=10787346#post10787346

I then got a private message from him saying:

"it is a shame [i HAVE DELETED NAME] feels unable to tell people on his blog about his own vested interests

This is going to get nasty and at the end of the day the is only going to be one winner."

Seems like he was right.

Ignore it. G24 are scum.

What it says is..

And a fair point now, but at the time I thought he was offering a decent and legit service. You live and learn.

I posted this much earlier in this thread:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=10787346#post10787346

I then got a private message from him saying:

"it is a shame [i HAVE DELETED NAME] feels unable to tell people on his blog about his own vested interests

This is going to get nasty and at the end of the day the is only going to be one winner."

Seems like he was right.

Apart from being against forum rules, its setting a dangerous precedent. Not only do unfortunate victims of PCP companies get a fine, they possibly might have to deal with being ripped off from some bloke offering a 'service'. Then weeks down the line they are still dealing with the increased fine.

All I was pointing out was the info is all on the internet - and it takes seconds to download templates etc.

I see these 'services' as flawed - certainly the opportunity to make a quick buck is open to abuse at the expense of genuine motorists desperate for a solution.

Edited by ubermaus

Apart from being against forum rules, its setting a dangerous precedent. Not only do unfortunate victims of PCP companies get a fine, they possibly might have to deal with being ripped off from some bloke offering a 'service'. Then weeks down the line they are still dealing with the increased fine.

All I was pointing out was the info is all on the internet - and it takes seconds to download templates etc.

I see these 'services' as flawed - certainly the opportunity to make a quick buck is open to abuse at the expense of genuine motorists desperate for a solution.

I agree. This was questioned at the time by a number of people who asked whether the forum should allow it promote itself. The replies were quite strong in their response in that all he was doing was fighting back against the rip off parking companies. Who have been ripped off now?

Hopefully he will win

Hopefully he will win

He did not :(

I expect this has made the not a 'genuine pre-estimate of loss' argument void :cry:

Yea, although he does say on his blog that the defence lied to the court over the costs.

The basis was their charge was less or equal to the councils, so therefore it was correct.

The council (in that area) charge 50 quid, lowering to 25 if paid promptly, the PPC charge was 50% higher.

The appeal will go to the high court, I think it's already been put together.

Just wondered if anybody could help me.

I have come home to find a letter which when opened turned out to be a letter from Rossendales Collect who are working for Vehicle control services ltd.

This letter states I owe £100.00, it has a reference number etc.

What it doesn't have is any reg plates numbers (so I don't know if it's the van or the truck) I haven't had a parking ticket for 5 years I haven't had any tickets in either vehicle I own now.

It doesn't have any info on where the alleged offence took place or a date it has supposed to have happened.

Are these guys for real?