Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

I'm not clear, were you still there 10 minutes after entry or not?

on edit: on, I see you admit:

Open and shut case!

How long were the other cars there for? Do you have photographic evidence of that?

The company obviously have someone there to write tickets - are they noting times of arrival?

I was on the premises for 8 minutes. The other cars were there when I arrived as there was only 1 space to pull into.

How can it be an open and shut case when there is no evidence of time of arrival?

How can it be an open and shut case when there is no evidence of time of arrival?

This is what I would like to find out how do they prove what time you arrived there as far as I can see there are no cameras, is it just the word of the warden, does she take a picture when she gets there with a time stamp for evidence then one when she issues the ticket or what but without hard proof it's my word against hers is it not.

Also for any of the many who have a ticket check the arrival and ticket issue time showed on the ticket because one gent showed me his and it showed an arrival and issue period of 6 mins therefore that person is not bound by t and c's

I just got one on the parkway matalan car park

the moo, with the greatest respect, I think you are heading down the wrong path, potentially one which could lead to court action in anything up to 6 years time.

Instead head over to Pepipoo, where you will find some folks who really do understand the issues regarding Parking Charge Notices. They are a different ballgame to Penalty Charge Notices.

Do a search on the particular car park operator, read a few threads, and post a query if you feel the need for support.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

the moo, with the greatest respect, I think you are heading down the wrong path, potentially one which could lead to court action in anything up to 6 years time.

Instead head over to Pepipoo, where you will find some folks who really do understand the issues regarding Parking Charge Notices. They are a different ballgame to Penalty Charge Notices.

Do a search on the particular car park operator, read a few threads, and post a query if you feel the need for support.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

Thanks for the advise peak4 I have read the information on pepipoo, very interesting, quite hard to understand for most people being legal jargon but the guy does summarise, he states these companies have to prove you're liability which is why I was asking if you have to be there for longer than 10 mins to have broken the contract how do they prove this, because this would be another weapon for people to use against them, they have to prove how long you were there, can they do this?

Really it's probably less about that from what I can see. These companys build a business model based on spurious, broadly unenforceable invoices. Essentially any appeal to them directly is likely to be rejected as they still want your money.

Base the appeal on anything you like, in order to get the code and then appeal to POPLA, if the operator subscribes to that body.

I'd raise a query where you've just been over at Pepipoo.

I am trying to contact kirkbylad. My emails are being returned and I cannot pm you. Could you pm me please?

Have you been charged £90 by G24 for parking at B&M Hillsborough? I would apreciate advice on how to respond to it. Thanks.

I parked in Farm Foods car park at Hillsborough. Stayed there 2 hours 10 minutes but i put tape over my registration plate before leaving. Not heard a thing and that was 14 months ago.

They need your reg plate number on entering and leaving. I entered but I am still there :hihi:

G24 have photographic evidence and I was 11 minutes over the 2 hours free parking period. My reason for not paying is that the charge is unfair and disproportionate (the charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss). Do I still have a case?

@ Tim 70 =I was charged £90 at B&M even though I was shopping in the store and have bank statement as proof. Have appealed via Appeal Parking Tickets, but now have £150 demand from debt collector. All my emails are being returned and I'm really worried now. I have tried 3 email addresses. Is Kirkybylad around?