Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

i didnt notice walkey had posted

VCS is a parking company

Spanked for no GPEOL

good thing

Mod Note:

Threads merged, please use the search before creating a new thread.

Thank you.

Sorry my bad,its been a long day, the court hearing took 1.5 hours

Our old mate simon wont be a happy bunny tonight, yet another spanking in court. When will these cowboy conmen be outlawed in the same way they had their clamps taken off them. ? Its quite clear these PPC`s are nothing but scammers and conmen , but at present they are allowed to operate . Its time legislation was passed banning these idiots from operating permanently.

Bit there has to be some way of controlling parking.

Surely it is cheaper to fit barriers and cash machines at the exit. At least that way people have to pay to get out. Obviously for places such as Meadowhall they should have validation stamps.

Our old mate simon wont be a happy bunny tonight, yet another spanking in court. When will these cowboy conmen be outlawed in the same way they had their clamps taken off them. ? Its quite clear these PPC`s are nothing but scammers and conmen , but at present they are allowed to operate . Its time legislation was passed banning these idiots from operating permanently.

I'm SO loathe to do this but....

:clap:

;):D

---------- Post added 02-04-2014 at 23:59 ----------

Sorry my bad,its been a long day, the court hearing took 1.5 hours

and :clap::banana::headbang:

We all know what simon thinks of our county court judges

Surely it is cheaper to fit barriers and cash machines at the exit. At least that way people have to pay to get out. Obviously for places such as Meadowhall they should have validation stamps.

Ive said this many times ,and pointed to Barnsley hospital as an example of this exact system. They use it and there is no need for conmem parking companies to be employed . The parking is managed "in house" by the hospital ,and they keep the money made from parking. Its a perfect system .

---------- Post added 03-04-2014 at 10:01 ----------

We all know what simon thinks of our county court judges

They dont particularly like him either. Remember the case where a judge ordered him to appear before them to explain why his company had brought a case to court . ? ( cant remember exact case ,but it was well documented on here ) .

It seems the courts are becoming increasingly fed up of these companies trying it on and wasting valuable court time.

Edited by Penistone999

Hardly "perfect":

Parking issues around Barnsley hospital

The local police inspector reported that, in 2012, the police had dealt with 46 incidents related to parking in the area. 37 of the incidents were for inconsiderate parking. Six offences of criminal damage were reported. However, officers received regular complaints from residents. However, she suspected that lots went unreported.

http://pogmoorara.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/1453/

And this article says:

In neighbouring Barnsley, hospital car parks are managed by the hospital’s own security team, and parking fines are rarely issued.

Rarely issued, but issued all the same. So they do the same as private parking companies.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main-topics/local-stories/parking-fines-to-be-introduced-across-hospital-trust-car-parks-1-4929647

Indeed but that is not what private parking companies do. They are not there to control parking

Their business model is not about parking but pretending they can "fine" you. That way they make money. Having people pay for parking is nothing like as profitable - especially in free car parks. :-)

I got a PCN from G24 at Meadowhall retail park I parked for 213 minutes instead of 180 minutes, I have parked and shopped here many times and was not aware of the time limit and spent the day in The Range, I received the PCN on Saturday Morning, found the short version appeal letter on Martin Lewis Money saving forum and sent off on Monday, received a letter today waiving the fine. RESULT

Before I received the letter waiving the fine I went back to the retail park to look for signs and couldn't believe how small the sign is as you drive in and how high up the post it is, you have no chance of seeing it unless you are looking for it and where I parked in a disabled bay outside Toys R Us there is no signage.

I will not be giving shops on Meadowhall Retail Park my custom in the future going to Parkgate where there are no time restrictions.

I am aware there are some old threads re this but I wanted to make people aware of the time limits for parking at MEADOWHALL RETAIL PARK.

I took my 90 year old mum in her wheel chair a couple of weeks ago she doesn't go out much so Boundary Mill or The Range are suitable for her, a nice coffee shop/ restaurant and not too busy mid week and a warm environment.

I usually go the The Range at Doncaster but a Meadowhall Retail Park is closer thought I'd take her there, we arrived at 11:07 had coffee, shopped, had lunch, shopped all done very slowly and left at 2:40.

2 weeks later I receive a parking fine from G24 I have parked for 213 minutes and you are only allowed 180 minutes, when I went back to look for signs there is a very small sign very high up a pole as you drive in, you have no chance of seeing it if you aren't looking for it and I parked in a disabled bay outside Toys R Us there is a disabled sign on the wall but nothing else, there are signs dotted around the card park but I have never seen them.

Why don't they just charge for parking?

SO PLEASE TELL EVERYONE THAT YOU CAN ONLY PARK FOR 3 HOURS OR YOU GET A £50 FINE