Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

It should be illegal for all companies and government departments to sell on their customer personal details. Why doesn't this come under the Data Protection Act?

Some companies have been banned in the past.

They just used a 3rd party to get access to the DVLA database and continued going about their business.

i think if parking companies where banned from getting your details from the DVLA but, the used third parties to get them, i dont think they would take anybody to court using that kind of evidence?

Some people would call those that park on private land without paying "parasites"

It depends on the circumstances. Parking uninvited on someone's driveway for example, is very different to parking in a retail park for 10 minutes (over a set period of time), and being charged £100 to do so. In the later example, do you not think such a charge is out of all proportion to the service provided?

On balance, I feel it's the private parking companies who are the real parasites here.

i think if parking companies where banned from getting your details from the DVLA but, the used third parties to get them, i dont think they would take anybody to court using that kind of evidence?

Doesn't stop them sending out their letters though.

To be fair they probably would start going to court as well, anyone that contested they'd just not turn up to that case.

Many defendants don't ever show so the parking companies win a majority by default.

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 15:23 ----------

It depends on the circumstances. Parking uninvited on someone's driveway for example, is very different to parking in a retail park for 10 minutes (over a set period of time), and being charged £100 to do so.

How many times has a complete stranger parked on your driveway??

Doesn't stop them sending out their letters though.

To be fair they probably would start going to court as well, anyone that contested they'd just not turn up to that case.

Many defendants don't ever show so the parking companies win a majority by default.

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 15:23 ----------

How many times has a complete stranger parked on your driveway??

At least once, strongly suspect (don't ask why) offending party may have been involved in drugs trade or gang member, they didn't move their car when challenged.

Could anyone help me with the time limit for parking in Bradfield Road Car park Hillsborough?

I have just received a parking charge notice from Highview Parking today 31/01/18 for £85 which occurred on 17th October 2017. The notice states I was parked for 16 minutes.

Please can anyone advise me if it has changed from a 2 hour maximum stay and do I have to pay the fine?

I know I should've read the signs before I left my car but having previously parked their a while ago I was under the impression you didn't have to pay for a short stay.

Thanks

Could anyone help me with the time limit for parking in Bradfield Road Car park Hillsborough?

I have just received a parking charge notice from Highview Parking today 31/01/18 for £85 which occurred on 17th October 2017. The notice states I was parked for 16 minutes.

Please can anyone advise me if it has changed from a 2 hour maximum stay and do I have to pay the fine?

I know I should've read the signs before I left my car but having previously parked their a while ago I was under the impression you didn't have to pay for a short stay.

Thanks

Is that the car park where half of it is private ?

Maybe you were parked in the far side which I think is private.

Is that the car park where half of it is private ?

Maybe you were parked in the far side which I think is private.

No I was parked in the middle, it has two pictures of my car driving in and out of the car park.

Its been 3 months since the incident should they have notified me before today?

I use this car park quite often and noticed the other day that the middle section seemed to have changed in that a barrier had been removed ,which used to delineate the end of the public parking section.

It seems that this section opposite the rear wall of Iceland might now be included in the no parking area.

Am I correct because there are no longer marked parking bays there.

Another sneaky move to catch the unsuspecting?

It's only 90 minutes now. I got caught out when I stayed 14 minutes over. I got caught fair and square, my own fault, paid up

Thanks

Read through this first.....the invoice you recieved (if from a private parking company) is unenforcable if the following conditions are met!! https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets