Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Have you got an email address Waldo, I can send you the defence that my solicitor friend put together for me. Some of it might not apply, but a lot of it will I expect.

Have you got an email address Waldo, I can send you the defence that my solicitor friend put together for me. Some of it might not apply, but a lot of it will I expect.

That'd be great, thanks, will send it by PM. :)

Ah, is your inbox full?

Edited by Waldo

Private parking cowboys are to be banned from using the DVLA database to get drivers details . This is long overdue . These parasites have been allowed to fleece and harass motorists for far too long.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/28/motorists-given-protection-against-parking-cowboys/

Good.

If you get a "fine" from them just don't pay it.

They have no legal power.

Good.

Lots of people say that and then get a CCJ when they ignore the paperwork.

They have as much legal power as you and me which is more than enough to sue if they want to pay the filing fee.

Don’t get too carried away.

This only applies to operators who do not abide by the guidelines of the associations that govern their behaviour.

That is the real cowboys and not those who catch you out at various shopping car parks around our area.

I see nothing in the proposals to say that the majority of operators will not be able to identify car ownership through the DVLA,and it will be the owner who is responsible for the penalty.

I was always under the impression that your personal data held on a computer by anyone could not be passed on to any other third party without your consent (internal gov use exluded). What ever happened to the Data Protection Act, it seems to me the DVLA are acting unlawfully by passing your details to other companies without your consent. They're just using the details as a cash cow.

I was always under the impression that your personal data held on a computer by anyone could not be passed on to any other third party without your consent (internal gov use exluded). What ever happened to the Data Protection Act, it seems to me the DVLA are acting unlawfully by passing your details to other companies without your consent. They're just using the details as a cash cow.

I don't really know how these companies make money. I've never heard of anyone proceeding with them. They must make money from someone to pay for the call centres.... Unless its one bloke speaking in various local accents to throw us off the trail.... :hihi:

Good.

Yep, if you get a 'fine' do not pay. Also, do NOT ignore it...

Private parking cowboys are to be banned from using the DVLA database to get drivers details . This is long overdue . These parasites have been allowed to fleece and harass motorists for far too long.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/28/motorists-given-protection-against-parking-cowboys/

Some companies have been banned in the past.

They just used a 3rd party to get access to the DVLA database and continued going about their business.

Some people would call those that park on private land without paying "parasites"