Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

They only have to post their letter. It is assumed that you receive this within 2 working days of the date on the letter.

Oh right, well in that case, if it's assumed all post send, is received, and there is no requirement to provide proof of posting...

I posted them a check for the initial (lower) amount requested, immediately upon receipt of their invoice.

My daughter went to pick her friend up from a gym in Sheffield did not get out the car and recieved a fine it went up to £160 threatened court summons just ignored the lot over 2 years now not had another letter ��

Sometimes this might work, other times you will get a court summons. Companies can and are taking court action.

We got our County Court Claim From in the post this morning; so looks like our case is going to court. Have started a thread and been taking advice on the MSE forum, hope that works out!

Just wanted to ask if anyone here has been through this court process? If so, how did it pan out for you?

The vast majority of people don't actually turn up, with many cases winning by default.

I don't know what happens when someone actually arrives to contest the case, please keep us informed

The vast majority of people don't actually turn up, with many cases winning by default.

I don't know what happens when someone actually arrives to contest the case, please keep us informed

Will do geared! :)

Did you mean the vast majority of defendants don't turn up? Or claimants?

Waldo which parking company is it?

Vehicle Control Services Limited / BW Legal.

Did you mean the vast majority of defendants don't turn up? Or claimants?

Defendants.

Alot of cases are won by default, one of the reasons companies started taking people to court.

Aot of cases are won by default, one of the reasons companies started taking people to court.

Yes. As I posted earlier, ignoring the 9999 'routine reminder' letters in red ink is not like ignoring a County Court Default Summons- the latter, if not defended, always entitles the plaintiff (claimant) to judgment.

Sometimes the claimant doesn't turn up.

I'm at the stage now where I'm putting together my defence; and have just under 4 weeks left to do so. There's quite a lot of research and work involved. Finding out which points of defence are applicable to my situation and are likely to carry weight with the judge.

Ordinarily, I'd say it's not worth the fight (if you consider the amount of work, vs, potential loss if we lose the case). On the other hand, I have a very dim view of these parking firms, and feel it's important to fight back, even if I lose.

In my case the claimant cancelled the day before the hearing, meaning there wasn't time for the papers to arrive telling us they'd done so.

In my case the claimant cancelled the day before the hearing, meaning there wasn't time for the papers to arrive telling us they'd done so.

Did you win then Cyclone, or did they just reschedule?