Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Got a different sort of Private Car park problem.

Sis in Law is a blue badge holder. She went to Asda ...................

Any advice on how to proceed would be welcome

Thanks

Go back to Asda, with proof of purchases and blue badge, collar the manager and ask them to get Parking Eye to cancel.

They should be able to arrange that for you, as they are the principal.

If they won't, as well as making sure Asda know they won't shop there again, I'd suggest waiting for the notice to keeper, rather than acting on the windscreen ticket.

Then, in the meantime, create an account on Pepipoo, or MSE, and ask for advice there.

N.B. Beware of some of the Facebook groups as their advice may be, at best, dubious.

Do not disclose the driver to Parking Eye !!

My daughter went to pick her friend up from a gym in Sheffield did not get out the car and recieved a fine it went up to £160 threatened court summons just ignored the lot over 2 years now not had another letter ��

Only another 4 years to go then, they have up to 6 years to try and collect the "debt", or sell it on to someone else to try and collect it.

Only another 4 years to go then, they have up to 6 years to try and collect the "debt", or sell it on to someone else to try and collect it.

Is it true that if you respond in any way to their demand it re-sets the clock back to 6 years?

Is it true that if you respond in any way to their demand it re-sets the clock back to 6 years?

Not as far as I'm aware, but check with the experts on MSE or Pepipoo.

I have a couple of Q's.

If one of these things goes to court, what kind of time period should I typically expect between receiving a court summons and my court date?

Also, in court, does the PPC need to prove you received any correspondence from them? Or is proof of sending considered to be proof of receiving correspondence? What are the potential pitfalls from claiming you received nothing from the PPC (aside from court summons)?

Depends on the judge, but I'd wager he hears that one alot so you'd want something more substantial to back yourself up.

Depends on the judge, but I'd wager he hears that one alot so you'd want something more substantial to back yourself up.

Of course, that would just be for starters, i.e. do they have evidence I recieved anything from them, or are they basing thier case on assumptions?

Also, what happens if one of initial letters from them is addressed to wrong person (they got first name very wrong)?

I'd imagine they are assuming you received letters, I don't recall hearing that they use recorded delivery.

How many letters do they claim to have sent? If it's quite a few it's unlikly you'll convince anyone they were all eaten by next doors dog.

I have a couple of Q's.

If one of these things goes to court, what kind of time period should I typically expect between receiving a court summons and my court date?

Also, in court, does the PPC need to prove you received any correspondence from them? Or is proof of sending considered to be proof of receiving correspondence? What are the potential pitfalls from claiming you received nothing from the PPC (aside from court summons)?

They should have copies of what they claim to have sent along with the dates, correct (?) address and the method of posting. Perhaps they could be asked to provide a list.

They only have to post their letter. It is assumed that you receive this within 2 working days of the date on the letter.

Not as far as I'm aware, but check with the experts on MSE or Pepipoo.

Yes. check with the CAB.