Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

A relative of mine exeeded the hour and half parking time limit and recieved a letter asking for forty pounds. Is this a scam or does it have to be paid. Help Appreciated.

Find it hard to believe someone could spend that amount of time in Aldi.....

Yeh me too when I heard but my relative had called to other places before shopping at Aldi ie the bank ect.

If a PCN issuer decides to take you to court, would that be at a court local to the issuer or local to my home address?

If a PCN issuer decides to take you to court, would that be at a court local to the issuer or local to my home address?

I don't know... but I don't think anyone woild have to actually appear .. I would guess that it would all be done by mail.

Most of these a done electronically via the Northampton County Court Business Centre. You can apply to have a hearing in your local Court. Never ever ignore a summons, you will be automatically found against.

Has anyone ever had a ticket from UKCPS and is so did you pay them. I got a parking ticket a few weeks ago because my parking permit had fallen onto the floor of my car.

Can you not send them proof of your ticket? Appeal it, send proof etc. I'm not sure, but hopefully might work :)

ASDA manor top did my shopping then went library. Then round to bank, back to library then back to Asda time according to the letter I received 1.26 minutes stuck to my car was the parking fine, pay in 2weeks 40.00 or later 70.00 has any one else received a ticket at Asda. And have you paid ?

the company is ParkingEye The time limit a handsworth Asda is 3hours

Do you mean that the time you were parked in Asda was 126 minutes i.e. within the 3 hour limit? Or it was at 1:26?

And does the Asda at Manor Top have a different time limit to Handsworth? I've never been to the Manor Top one.

Why did you go back to the library, had you been to the bank to get some money to pay your fine on library books that had stayed too long in your house?

Just had a CHARGE NOTICE from the above company for parking in car park n Bradfield road, hillsborough, Sheffield for 17 minutes over the allotted time of 90 minutes!

Yes I'm guilty. We were having a meal at the Indian restaurant on Bradfield road. Pay up or not?

EDIT: I ended up paying the ticket. I was in the wrong, I knew the rules. Just think it's bad that you can't go for a nice meal without clock watching all time. Sad for businesses around there.

Also couldn't have coped with stress of fighting it

Edited by chocki