Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

You need to go through the proper channels and appeal with POPLA.

if the original parking company has passed it on to a debt recovery agency, there is little chance you will be taken to court over the charge

Really, referring the 'claim' to another body for collection makes 0 difference.

Really, referring the 'claim' to another body for collection makes 0 difference.

my reasoning was/is if a company has to off load debts at a big loss? i would say they think they have little chance of recovery, BUT some (i would suggest very few)would get pressurised by the recovery agents and pay.

If i was the head of a recovery comp would i risk taking somebody to court to recover a possibly unlawful invoice?

Is it 'at a big loss', though? There's often not really a valid claim at all- hence nothing to lose.

Yes, £100 within 28 days or £60 before 14days. . . . A pal just said something like "council can only dish out fines" . . . Not sure about this though, if it's private land you have to pay up.?

Thanks for your help, keep them trickling in :)

Only Police and councils fine you. If you have a private '''parking charge''' ... you don't have to pay it...... that is until they start proceedings to take court action...... which they most likely will not do.... but they can... it's a chance you take.

Hi everyone,

I met with a friend for lunch at the Francis Newton on Glossop Road a few weeks ago. Not being from Sheffield I didn't realise that you had to pay to park at this pub (I've never heard of this practice before)

I have a disabled badge but didn't think to display it as I didn't think I had to due to the above reason. I just parked in a bay and had lunch.

Anyway, I subsequently received a parking 'charge' from euro car parks for 45.00.

I understand these fines are unenforceable, but what to do now? Do I ignore? do I appeal? Do I appeal and send a copy of my blue badge which would have exempted me anyway, I assume?

:confused:

I wouldn't ignore it perhaps best to explain the situation and send a copy of your blue badge, I'm presuming there are not prominent notices re parking if you didn't see them, I would mention this also. There is a template letter online and do not sign it just print your name

I wouldn't ignore it perhaps best to explain the situation and send a copy of your blue badge, I'm presuming there are not prominent notices re parking if you didn't see them, I would mention this also. There is a template letter online and do not sign it just print your name

Yeah ,you might have a point. Ignoring it will only stress me out anyway.

Where can I find a copy of this template letter please?

Because of flat battery went over 2 hr time period. got fine letter through post.

Appealed twice but rejected even though I sent photos of battery being changed. Many people have said ignore all letters and don't pay. others say VCS do take people to court?

Has anyone been taken to court by VCS? Thanks for any advice

---------- Post added 04-12-2016 at 08:20 ----------

Because of flat battery went over 2 hr time period. Got fine letter through post.

Appealed twice but rejected even though I sent photos of battery being changed. Many people have said ignore all letters and don't pay. Others say VCS do take people to court?

Because of flat battery went over 2 hr time period. got fine letter through post.

Appealed twice but rejected even though I sent photos of battery being changed. Many people have said ignore all letters and don't pay. others say VCS do take people to court?

---------- Post added 04-12-2016 at 08:20 ----------

Because of flat battery went over 2 hr time period. Got fine letter through post.

Appealed twice but rejected even though I sent photos of battery being changed. Many people have said ignore all letters and don't pay. Others say VCS do take people to court?

If you dont pay it, you are taking a chance, how much of a chance nobody knows.

I THINK what you have to ask yourself is, who's fault was it the battery went flat .(if they take you to court)

Also read this if you have the time.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=do+VCS+take+people+to+court

Edited by kidley