Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Got a ticket at SHU Collegiate Campus the other day.

Apparently the car park (which is actually INSIDE the campus) has recently been sold to SCC. Not sure how I was supposed to know that... Afterwards, I was showed a tiny yellow sign which says "Permit holders only... blah blah blah". The writing isn't even visible from your car, and the sign itself is hidden behind the trees/walls as you enter.

I am appealing, and if I fail I still shall not be paying. For £70, they can take me to court all they like.

Got a ticket at SHU Collegiate Campus the other day.

Apparently the car park (which is actually INSIDE the campus) has recently been sold to SCC. Not sure how I was supposed to know that... Afterwards, I was showed a tiny yellow sign which says "Permit holders only... blah blah blah". The writing isn't even visible from your car, and the sign itself is hidden behind the trees/walls as you enter.

I am appealing, and if I fail I still shall not be paying. For £70, they can take me to court all they like.

Go and take photos of the signage from the viewpoint of your car. Keep them and if they do try to take you to court, produce them for the magistrate to see. You will be out of there in 5 minutes, but while you are there, make an application for costs against SCC for wasting your time.

Kirbylad was who originally said it would be quashed so yes I've paid then but now I've contacted them as still getting letters and calls they have refused to respond and rude and nasty with their last email. I do have all their names and still have the bank details I paid into.

This is the website http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/

Has anyone used appeal parking tickets who contacted me through this site as I paid them money as the took details of my fine and have now been nasty with me and they told me just ignore the letters and now they I have ignored letters the costs of my fine have gone up with court threats and they are now calling me.

I am assuming I have ripped off by them. Has anyone else??... I've got the bank details of the payment I sent and wondered if I can track them down because they have taken my money them refused to help me.

That would most likely be Phil Hilsden.

http://rickygater.doesntexist.com/

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/phil-hilsden-sentenced-today.html

No chance to get anything out of that guy.

Since it gone so far you can pay, ignore or offer them settlment.

Yea money down the drain there it would seem.

Kirbylad was who originally said it would be quashed so yes I've paid then but now I've contacted them as still getting letters and calls they have refused to respond and rude and nasty with their last email. I do have all their names and still have the bank details I paid into.

This is the website http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/

I would notify nominet about that site. You have to be a registered charity to have a .org.uk domain and gthere is no charity number on that site.

An elderly relative of mine visited the Netto store on Queens Road recently. He waited an hour in the queue to get in the store and spent around 30 mins walking around the store, then spent a further hour queuing and passing through the checkout. He has now received a parking fine for £85.

He didn't visit any other shops there, just Netto.

I wanted to warn others, as apparently this has happened to a lot of people, and I also wondered if anyone had any advice.

Thank you in advance.

An elderly relative of mine visited the Netto store on Queens Road recently. He waited an hour in the queue to get in the store and spent around 30 mins walking around the store, then spent a further hour queuing and passing through the checkout. He has now received a parking fine for £85.

He didn't visit any other shops there, just Netto.

I wanted to warn others, as apparently this has happened to a lot of people, and I also wondered if anyone had any advice.

Thank you in advance.

In such cases first thing to do is complaining to store manager.

Hi , I wrote this original thread about 2 years agio.

My view is that private parking companies are pretty close to criminal;

If you can I advise anyone where possible to park on the metered streets;

At least here, if by accident you stay longer than the time limit , you are at least dealing with a responsible body (council) who fine you a reasonable

amount and you have the option of appealing which are properly considered.

I have been fined twice by private parking companies , each time it was £160.00 which I consider unreasonable, and there is no way you can appeal;

beyond this you get threatening letters regarding court action.

As I say I believe these companies are beyond the pale and should be outlawed.

You have to be a registered charity to have a .org.uk domain and gthere is no charity number on that site.

Do you?

Intended use

Miscellaneous organizations not fitting in other categories (generally noncommercial)

Actual use

Nonprofits; personal sites; open-source projects; mostly used by non-commercial entities

Registration restrictions

None

My girlfriend got a letter from a company called bw legal the other day demanding payment of £154.00 for an unpaid (for good reason, mentioned much earlier in the thread) PCN dating back to May 15th 2012, four years and three months ago.

After a letter in 2014 here, the whole episode was settled/closed in 2014 after being taken care of by Kirbylad ... or so it seemed. Nothing more till the other day.

To my mind, bw legal just seem to be a bunch of cowboys, buying old unpaid PCNs and putting the frighteners on people in the hope to get good money for naff all ... 'attempted stealing' in other words.

There again, I could be wrong.

Any advice on how to handle this ... do I just tell 'em to go and procreate elsewhere (not so politely)?

Yep, before the change in law the best advice for those tickets is to ignore them.

They can still contact you regarding them, but they can't enforce an old ticket using the new law.

The old advice was to ignore any letters, unless it got serious and then deny all knowledge and deny you were the driver

(old law was that the parking company could only go after the driver of the vehicle at the time of the ticket)