Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

There is the recovery of the cost of issuing the notice, warden staff costs, postage costs, admin staff support costs etc. So long as it is shown to have zero profit. I don't think they are allowed to put in office costs.

The point you can win on is that those costs are the same had you illegally parked or not. Had no 'enforcement' person been there then the actual loss is only the parking revenue. Or as in my case there is no loss as they were enforcing a permit scheme, where the only actual revenue was fines. I won.

Hopefully it is a scam that will be over soon.

There is the recovery of the cost of issuing the notice, warden staff costs, postage costs, admin staff support costs etc. So long as it is shown to have zero profit. I don't think they are allowed to put in office costs.

but these places are posting a good million quid profit a year, so these charges are not just 'covering costs'

Anybody have received a parking fine in Iceland car park at Langsett Road for not clear reason?

Anybody have received a parking fine in Iceland car park at Langsett Road for not clear reason?

How long was you parked there?

did you park in the right part of the car park

yes not sign of double yellow lines

---------- Post added 12-06-2015 at 14:49 ----------

I have missed the appeal should I pay this private company or leave it?

---------- Post added 12-06-2015 at 14:50 ----------

less that one hour

---------- Post added 12-06-2015 at 14:51 ----------

They told me that this a scam about this private company!!!!!!

my daughter parked at a retail park couple months ago went into asda and Iceland when she came out got a ticket so went into shop and got told it is pay & display ,if you bought anything from shops you would get your money back ,so she had to appeal against it as the signs were only small and obscewered so she sent copy of receipt from asda & Iceland

I am aware that they have had people parking in the loading bay at the Iceland at Langsett Rd, but this was a few months ago.

Received ticket in post this morning, after parking at 147 Bradfield rd, hillsborough.

The car park opposite the ball pub, used to be two hours free parking, now it's 1.5 hours. The only bit of car park you used to get a fine in, was the bit behind farm foods, now (I don't know since when) all the car park has been taken over by company Highview parking, (a nation wide rip off merchant, that gets you on camera as soon as you go over the 1.5 hr limit)

I intend to appeal, on medical grounds and do have doctors medical notes to prove it.

Look on money saving expert, there's a link to Private parking fines, template to appeal also look on. Just answer, where a solicitor gives good info.

Remember this is not a criminal offence and you cant be taken to court, it's a civil matter, the parking company will pursue for the money, but will have to take you to a civil court, many years of letters later....annoying.

Too many people, give in and just pay the fine.... If you'd be parked all day while you went to work, then so be it, but no way am I going to pay £50, for over staying 14 minutes....

Will let you know what happens after I send my appeal in..:)

Private Parking Ticket Megathread

Put it in the bin! They have no Legal holding as the council does. Bin it!

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 00:45 ----------

If it is NOT A Council notice BIN IT! Private parking notice = BIN IT

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 00:46 ----------

"Look on money saving expert, there's a link to Private parking fines, template to appeal also look on"

NO Appeal.. >> BIN IT.

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 00:52 ----------

You park on my drive… Pay me £100. You say NO. What can I do ?? Nothing It is not a legal requirement .. It is NOT The Council. Completely a different ball game!. Don't pay!

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 00:56 ----------

Almost daily I get one from my local shop. Pay me 70 now or pay me £120 later etc etc. I said NO…. What do you think they can legally do??? ANSWER NOTHING!!!!

Private parking = DO NOT PAY!! Nothing they can do!!!

Just took my friend and her little grandchild to drakehouse and have recieved a parking ticket for parking in disabled bay. My friend is disabled and gave me her blue badge to put in the window but i totally forgot and helped my friend into the shop.

When we came out i asked the parking patrol man what do i do and i explained. He gave me a card and told me to go on the internet and explain to his office and they will waiver it.

A lady over hearing then told me she had done exactly that and it ended up costing her £100!!

Any advice please,??