Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Hi,

I got a ticket from VCS at Centertainment back in 2010/2011. I ignored the leters as was recommended back then and after a while (and using various aliases/debt recover/solicitors etc) they gave up, not heard anything for a few years now.

Out of the blue I have received a letter from Rossendale Debt recovery asking for £100 on behalf of VCS. No reference to reg, date or location of the transgression.

Should I just ignore or have the rules changed and can be applied to 'historic' tickets like mine?

Thanks

I would ignore. You can bet that this is just a company that buy these bull S*** debts from them at 1pence in the £pound to try it on. Lots of companies do that these days at its cash through the door for the original company who gave up and the chance to now worry you its back for real. (when really its the same story)

BIN.

Yea it's quite common for big bundles of 'debts' to be sold on, and another company to shove a few letters through your door before giving up and seeing if they can sell it on again to the next lot.

I wonder where you stand legally though.

I mean, can the various debt companies just sell your information onto the next lot so you can be pestered again??

Is that ok with the data protection act - it's not like you have ever volunteered this information yourself, it was obtained from the DVLA.

Kirkbylad

You helped me with a previous pcn. Is it still No contract GPEOL etc?? got myself another one DOH

He's not been on for a while now fella, hasn't made a post since the start of the year.

He's not been on for a while now fella, hasn't made a post since the start of the year.

Last I heard was that he had scammed a load of people.

Last I heard was that he had scammed a load of people.

Not my experience of him. Last year he made an invoice from Excel disappear after they had tried scamming my mother.

Not my experience of him. Last year he made an invoice from Excel disappear after they had tried scamming my mother.

That was before Parking Eye won the Beavis case. He stopped winning cases as a result once the GPEOL case was no longer valid and so he has done a runner - with lots of people's money with the sounds of it. Think if you read up into the background of the fella you may find it a bit of an eye opener.

Hope somebody can help me..

I got a parking ticket through the post this morning from 'Highview Parking' on 28/05/15 for staying past the time specified.

I was parked in the car park behind Farmfoods on Bradfield Road across from the Jet Petrol Station.

I had an appointment at the bank and then I got my hair cut. Apparently I stayed for 1hr 49min. I've always thought the maximum stay was 2 hours but I must be wrong.

Help please? :help:

I got a parking ticket through the post this morning from 'Highview Parking' on 28/05/15 for staying past the time specified.

I was parked in the car park behind Farmfoods on Bradfield Road across from the Jet Petrol Station.

I had an appointment at the bank and then I got my hair cut. Apparently I stayed for 1hr 49min. I've always thought the maximum stay was 2 hours but I must be wrong.

Have a look at the forums on http://www.pepipoo.com/

There's loads of helpful advice along with appeal templates.

Edit

Here's an even better link, giving you what you need.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4877508

Edited by SnailyBoy

Hi write to them saying you will only pay for the time you were there, as there is no charge for parking you don't have to pay. I have just done this for someone and their fine has been dropped.

ignore it.

i got one from the same company about a month n half ago in the same car park. i was well within the time (38mins) can only assume they are trying to do me for parking where i shouldnt which was up towards the back near farmfoods but i was well before the prohibited line and from the shots of my car theres no way they can prove i was past the line.

im ignoring it, already had a reminder letter and then a week ago one for a even bigger payment of £125 i think it was.

still ignoring them. i havent done anything wrong, i wasnt past the line. theres no proof to show i was past the line either.