Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Not a private parking fine, but massively annoyed to receive a letter this morning for my wife driving in a bus lane. There's no argument, she'd have accepted it and paid the £30 fine within 14 days - however apparently this happened over two months ago and she has been sent other letters, so the fine is now £90.

The thing is, we haven't received any other letters and at this stage there is no right of appeal.

I know our postie (I'm a postie myself) and nothing ever goes missing, strange that separate letters from the same place haven't arrived - if I was cynical I'd say they were never sent. What's annoying is that the government and councils can simply say you were sent a letter, and that's good enough for them to say you received it, but try it the other way around and you have to send everything signed for because they'll just say they didn't get it!

This happened to me, I rung them up and was polite on the phone, accepted I was in the bus lane, I was, and told them if I had received earlier I would not have any problems paying it.

They reduced it straight back to £30 and i paid it.

Kirkbylad are you still fighting parking tickets ?? I need :help:

Certainly am

How can i help?

Got a parking at valley centertainment can you sort it out for us ? As you've had meny happy customers on here

Cheers ! Just follow the link ??

Yes thats right :)

Will do fingers crossed it canceled!!

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 14:19 ----------

Gets cancelled

Will do fingers crossed it canceled!!

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 14:19 ----------

Gets cancelled

Hope it doesn`t get cancelled---park like a prat pay the consequences wether it be council or private parking.

Hope it doesn`t get cancelled---park like a prat pay the consequences wether it be council or private parking.

Except you have absolutely no idea the situation involved here and therefore can have no idea whatsoever whether he parked like a prat or not.

In fact, I think I saw you walking past my front door the other day. I've arbitrarily decide to invoice ANYONE who walks on that bit of the pavement, so if you wouldn't mind sending me your details so I can pass the invoice on?

If he got a ticket then this would indicate a parking transgression took place contrary to the rules and regulations that are adequatley signed around the parking area, ergo break the rules suffer the consequences. Simple innit!!

If every driver parked as they should in this area there would be no need for parking Tickets/fines/invoices/worthless bits of paper to be issued.

If he got a ticket then this would indicate a parking transgression took place contrary to the rules and regulations that are adequatley signed around the parking area, ergo break the rules suffer the consequences. Simple innit!!

If every driver parked as they should in this area there would be no need for parking Tickets/fines/invoices/worthless bits of paper to be issued.

If i sent you an invoice for £60 will you pay me ?