Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

According to Prankster Kirbkylad has left his role?

Kirkbylad personally emailed me to say he has left the business as of 5pm Nov 28. The business is now being run by a different person. I used to help out in a small way with Kirkbylad's service and now may decide to participate in a rival service.

The service however Is still being run as normal.

Parking prankster is the director of a rival service. So saying ' I may decide to participate in a rival service' is a bit disingenuous. It is a bit like saying "I may go on Holiday" when you have already booked the plane tickets.

However competition is welcomed by the business and there is nothing wrong with healthy competition. As long as parking companies keep getting beaten. It really doesn't matter who does it as far as I am concerned

Any side shows are just that and have no impact on anything customer wise for the business.

Edited by kirkbylad

The service however Is still being run as normal.

Parking prankster is the director of a rival service.

This is true. So far there is every indication that KirkbyLad2 is as competent as KirkbyLad in running the business.

So saying ' I may decide to participate in a rival service' is a bit disingenuous. It is a bit like saying "I may go on Holiday" when you have already booked the plane tickets.

This is a bit disingenuous. KirkbyLad2 has no idea of my plans or timescales. Currently there is only one appeals service, and if you want to pay to get your ticket cancelled you should consider KirkbyLad2's service.

I am currently considering 2 options which would not compete with KirkbyLad2 in the slightest, but then again, there are other options which might. Nothing is cast in stone at the moment, so to imply otherwise is either the mark of a worried man, or an attempt to cast aspersions.

My ultimate objective is not to 'beat' parking companies, but to reform the industry so that parking regimes are fair for motorists, landowners and parking operators.

I had a small hand in two changes to the BPA code of practice, version 5, beneficial to motorist and am pushing for a further change to help the problem of motorists getting CCJs when they move house and the parking company writes to the wrong address.

My belief is that it is possible to get to a stage where dodgy practices are stamped out, parking charges are set to a fair amount, landowners are happy with the way parking is managed, operators can run a successful business and motorists pay parking charges when they are fairly incurred and are a fair amount.

We have a hell of a long way to go yet though.

We can tick Proserve off today though, although they may pop their head up after the judicial review this month, with a dead cat bounce.

:huh::huh: Edited by shef2013

has anyone had a parking fine issued over at crystal peaks this weekend?

It may be well worth your while to ask kirkbylad what he means:)

Not a private parking fine, but massively annoyed to receive a letter this morning for my wife driving in a bus lane. There's no argument, she'd have accepted it and paid the £30 fine within 14 days - however apparently this happened over two months ago and she has been sent other letters, so the fine is now £90.

The thing is, we haven't received any other letters and at this stage there is no right of appeal.

I know our postie (I'm a postie myself) and nothing ever goes missing, strange that separate letters from the same place haven't arrived - if I was cynical I'd say they were never sent. What's annoying is that the government and councils can simply say you were sent a letter, and that's good enough for them to say you received it, but try it the other way around and you have to send everything signed for because they'll just say they didn't get it!

Thanks to Kirkbylad I will enjoy christmas stress free. If anyone has a issue with parking bullies then please give him a shout.

thanks again

Not a private parking fine, but massively annoyed to receive a letter this morning for my wife driving in a bus lane. There's no argument, she'd have accepted it and paid the £30 fine within 14 days - however apparently this happened over two months ago and she has been sent other letters, so the fine is now £90.

The thing is, we haven't received any other letters and at this stage there is no right of appeal.

I know our postie (I'm a postie myself) and nothing ever goes missing, strange that separate letters from the same place haven't arrived - if I was cynical I'd say they were never sent. What's annoying is that the government and councils can simply say you were sent a letter, and that's good enough for them to say you received it, but try it the other way around and you have to send everything signed for because they'll just say they didn't get it!

I have heard of this happening quite a few times,especially with speeding tickets.I think it is a "money maker" used by both the police and councils.When I was seventeen and started riding motor bikes all notices of prosecution were delivered either by a copper or by post,but had to be signed for which ever method was used.The government,councils and the police always tell people "proof of posting is not proof of receiving"why then does it not apply when they send anything out?