Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Does anyone know if I have to pay?i parked in b&m car park in hillsborough and took my daughter to the play centre that's above it.but because we were longer than 2 hours iv received a £90 fine!

Thanks in advance

Its NOT a fine . Its a speculative invoice .

---------- Post added 07-06-2014 at 18:54 ----------

I think I'll just pay it...I'm not clued up on things like this so probs best I just cough up :-/

NO , do not pay it . Message Kirkbylad , he will sort it for you. No one needs to pay these scam invoices. But if you insist on paying it give me your address and i will send you some more worthless invoices for you to pay.

Thanks I'll have a look! Gutted as the last time I parked there it was owned by the co op & they allowed you to park there if you were visiting fun zone(above co op) my mates also got the same but she went down twice that week in the car! :-0

It's my hubby that says just pay it....but me I like to do re search before I do anything! Is kirbylad still active?ill see if I can get hold of him! Thankyou x

Thanks I'll have a look! Gutted as the last time I parked there it was owned by the co op & they allowed you to park there if you were visiting fun zone(above co op) my mates also got the same but she went down twice that week in the car! :-0

It's my hubby that says just pay it....but me I like to do re search before I do anything! Is kirbylad still active?ill see if I can get hold of him! Thankyou x

Yup, he's still active. This is his website, where he'll be happy to get the ticket cancelled for you, for £16.

There's absolutely no reason to pay anything though, all the info you need to do it yourself is within the last 2-3 pages right here.

thanks Megalithic and Penistone, we most certainly can do this for you

As previously said by these guys please visit http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/parking-ticket-appeal/ put your details in and the appeal will be processed .

You will then be advised of the outcome and kept advised of any progress .

Edited by kirkbylad

I did exactly the same with my granddaughter, I'd clocked it was two hours, but lost track of the time as she was having fun! I'm trusting Kirbylad, and will now wait and see what happens. :|

What a lot of people dont realise when they get these kind of tickets is just how long it can take to resolve

I dont mean that the is lots of work to do, but let me give you an example:

VCS who are BPA member

32 days to hear initial appeal - then appeal to POPLA, this then took 5 weeks to get result

So around 9 weeks , with a couple of processes in between.

Some companies however see our appeals and its an immediate cancellation (when i say immediate, i mean by the parking company itself)

I.e UKPC & UKCPS we have a 100% first appeal cancellation record. Others such as Parking eye only around 10% , but then when you do the POPLA appeal they never send in any evidence.

What a lot of people dont realise when they get these kind of tickets is just how long it can take to resolve

Mine took circa 6 months almost from ticket to POPLA cancelation.

Yup, he's still active. This is his website, where he'll be happy to get the ticket cancelled for you, for £16.

There's absolutely no reason to pay anything though, all the info you need to do it yourself is within the last 2-3 pages right here.

Thankyou megalithic.... We have followed your advise & sent an email to contest it! Watch this space!x

---------- Post added 11-06-2014 at 13:24 ----------

Well we copied the template n put out details in.but just had an email saying we still have to pay it!a 5 page long email too! now what do we do? I do believe there is something on watchdog tonight about parking tickets.will be tuning in to find out.

Spotty Dog, come to us and we can sort it all for you.

People will be disappointed about watch dog tonight, i know who is going to be on and exactly what its about.

Dear xxxxxxxx

RE: Contractual Parking Charge Notice xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

We respond as follows :

1.****In relation to your suggestion that your parking charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss we confirm we have obtained legal advice in this regard and have been advised that not only can our parking charges be justified on the basis that they are in line with the British Parking Association’s guidelines, and that they amount to a genuine pre-estimate of loss, but they are likely to amount to liquidated damages (where the issue of pre-estimate of loss is not relevant). This is because the Court’s position is that where the parties to a contract agree to fix the amount which is to be paid by way of damages in the event of a breach of contract - which is the basis of the contract detailed on our signage - a sum stipulated in this way (particularly in circumstances where there is difficulty in calculating a precise estimation) is classed as liquidated damages.**Either way, our parking charges are fully enforceable and no not amount to a “penalty”.**You should also be aware that in accordance with the case of Robophone Facilities v Blank the onus of proving that an amount claimed is a penalty, rather than liquidated damages, is upon you (as the party against whom the parking charge is claimed);

2.****You do not specify in what regard you consider our signage does not conform to the British Parking Association’s Code of Practice. Accordingly, we are unable to respond specifically.**However, we are able to confirm to you that we are confident that all our signage does comply with the British Parking Association’s Code of Practice and this is supported by the fact that we have been successfully audited successfully by an independent assessor on behalf of the British Parking Association; and

3.****Again, you do not specify in which way you allege we not have authority to issue charges over the land where the car park is located.**However, we can assure you that the parking management at the car park where you received a parking charge has been contracted to us.**Again, we are able to confirm that we have been successfully audited by an independent assessor on behalf of the British Parking Association.

After consideration of the information provided by you, your dispute has been unsuccessful as proof of purchase has not been supplied for the day in question therefore the Contractual Parking Charge Notice still applies.**As we have extensively investigated this Contractual Parking Charge Notice and provided you with the results of our investigation, no further investigation will be undertaken.

You now have one of the following options available to you:

1. Pay the outstanding Parking Charge. Payment of your Contractual Parking Charge Notice can be made via the payment line: 0845 452 7777 or by sending a cheque or postal order to G24 Limited, PO Box 3320, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 8WT.

2. Make an appeal to POPLA within 28 days - The Independent Appeals Service by completing the accompanying form or by making your appeal online at http://www.popla.org.uk your POPLA verification code is: 2711624002. Please be advised that if you opt for independent arbitration of your case, the ability to pay the parking charge at the reduced rate of £50.00 will be at end. If you opt to pay the parking charge you will be unable to appeal to POPLA.

3. If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

4. Supply copies of your receipts for the day in question or your bank statement with your private details erased showing the transaction(s) on our client's site within 14 days.**Please do not send in original documents as they will not be returned.

Customer Services

G24 Ltd

To Pay your Parking Charge visit http://www.payyourcharge.co.uk or call our payment line on 0845 452 7777.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, if you wish to continue your appeal visit our appeals website at http://www.appealyourcharge.co.uk.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Registered in England. Company Registration number: 5457196. Registered Company address: Batchworth House, Batchworth Place, Church Street, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 1JE.

This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any statement or opinions therein are not necessarily those of G24 Ltd unless specifically stated. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or copying is prohibited. If you have received this email in error,please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Security and reliability of the e-mail and attachments are not guaranteed. You must take full responsibility for virus checking.

That's the email recived

Yep a standard reply

We have had 3 of those very same ones into our inbox this morning

Spotty Dog, come to us and we can sort it all for you.

People will be disappointed about watch dog tonight, i know who is going to be on and exactly what its about.

I'll speak with my husband when he gets home later.thanks.