Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Be careful if this is Highview

They are now going down the contractual sum route with some new signs, so if this is a new site, it could be well be one of them

GPEOL wont wash with the contractual sum model

Any suggested reading on how to appeal against the contractual sum model? I noticed they also do Tesco in Rotherham so if it's spreading it'd be god to be pre-read on the matter.

Any suggested reading on how to appeal against the contractual sum model? I noticed they also do Tesco in Rotherham so if it's spreading it'd be god to be pre-read on the matter.

From http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

- if alleging 'contractual fee' I require that you now send me a VAT invoice by return and explain the daily rate for parking and service provided for the fee. Failure to provide this information and a VAT invoice now that I have requested it, will be considered evidence that this was not in fact a genuine offer to park for a fee and is merely a penalty which is not recoverable in contract law (as found by Mr Recorder Gibson QC, on appeal at Luton County Court in the case of Civil Enforcement v McCafferty 3YK50188 (AP476) 21/2/2014).

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/highview-parking-admit-all-their.html

I am sure that others will be along to help. However they do it - do not name the driver and DO NOT PAY.

I got a parking ticket from this parking company in January, I've received 3 letters now threatening to take me to court but I've been advised by people who have dealt with these before and lots of posts on the internet not to pay it! But I also came across something saying that it had changed in 2013 and they've said not to pay it but don't ignore it??! But there's no link! It's now £166 and I'm panicking has anyone else dealt with this recently??

I got a parking ticket from this parking company in January, I've received 3 letters now threatening to take me to court but I've been advised by people who have dealt with these before and lots of posts on the internet not to pay it! But I also came across something saying that it had changed in 2013 and they've said not to pay it but don't ignore it??! But there's no link! It's now £166 and I'm panicking has anyone else dealt with this recently??

You're right that since 2013 you shouldn't ignore them, though people who don't know better still say to do so. Check out the threads linked above. If you find it all too much Kirbylad (sp?) has a company who will handle it for you, for £16.

Thank you!

I've clicked on all the links and can't understand it! There's just a million links!

You're right that since 2013 you shouldn't ignore them, though people who don't know better still say to do so. Check out the threads linked above. If you find it all too much Kirbylad (sp?) has a company who will handle it for you, for £16.

kirkbylad sorted my G/F's for me ... £16.00 (instead of £166.00), problem gone! :thumbsup:

Excellent!.... How do I contact this kirkbylad?

I think you need five posts before you can PM, so you could try his website here. :)

I'd always recommend fighting this yourself, but in this case, it being so late in the process, i'd reluctantly recommend kirkbylad's services.

Sarah Thorpe ive sent you a pm

It should be noted that we don't deal with cases where legal proceedings have begun. A letter before legal action does not mean the company is actually going to issue a court claim but the threat is there.

When i mean legal proceedings this includes a letter before action but DOES NOT include letters from debt collectors threatening such action, so if its from a debt collection firm such as Rossendales and Newlyn we can and will deal with it ,but if its a letter before claim from the likes of VCS/Parking Eye then our company can not deal with it it.

I can however deal with such matters on a personal basis, which do not involve the company and which offer no guarantee what so ever.

I am also prepared to provide lay representation for people in the County court (Sheffield/Chesterfield etc). My only charge for this is travelling expenses(petrol etc) again this is done on a personal basis and I can do this under the civil procedure rules which govern how proceedings take place in the County Courts. This is unconnected to the company and i accept no liability should the case be lost. I have done this successfully on a number of occasions and will continue to do so.

Its just important to make a distinction between what is being offered and by whom

Edited by kirkbylad