Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Alcoblog, you will get a lot advice on here and also look at Moneysaving expert forums, you may be better starting a new thread. Good luck

That is not the issue here . weather you park inside/ outside a bay , overstay your alloted ticket time or dont pay at all is irrelevant. The issue here is private parking companies trying to fleece motorists with inflated charges which they simply have no right what so ever to charge. Why do you think every one who appeals on the grounds that the invoice is not a Genuine pre estimate of loss have their tickets quashed. ?

These cowboys design their invoices to look exactly like a genuine council fine to try and con motorists into believing they are indeed a fine , which they clearly are NOT. Its the deceitful , underhand , sly tactics these companies uses to try and grab hundreds of pounds from motorists that is quite simply wrong and out of order.

If i sent you an invoice saying you owed me £100 would you pay me ? No you wouldnt , so why should anyone pay one of these parking scammers money just because they send a speculative invoice. ?

All immaterial because I'm capable of parking in a bay between the lines and following their rules on time limits, so I'd never get an "invoice".

That's not to say they don't get it wrong from time to time, but that isn't the case here.

Its like if you get your car broken into because you left something on the back seat. Yes, in a perfect world you ought to be able to leave anything you want in there. But its not, so why invite yourself the hassle?

All immaterial because I'm capable of parking in a bay between the lines and following their rules on time limits, so I'd never get an "invoice".

That's not to say they don't get it wrong from time to time, but that isn't the case here.

Its like if you get your car broken into because you left something on the back seat. Yes, in a perfect world you ought to be able to leave anything you want in there. But its not, so why invite yourself the hassle?

Thanks for your valuable contribution :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for the information lads, i was expecting a generic 'read the threads' reply so i'm surprised at those answers and i'm sure i'll nail these guys in the end. Kirkbylad thanks for the offer of sorting it all for £16 mate but i think i'll try the letter route and see if that works first and if not i'll go for that, early days! Has anyone else trounced ukcps before with parking fines? Only reason im a little cautious is because theres loads of signs up at centertainment with their logo on about parking, maybe they have had a bit of success in the past getting people for parking, or surely they'd get run out everytime they put a sign up?

£16? What a cowboy when all the information is out there for free!

This is the letter I used last week for a PCN received at Meadowhall Retail Park, I sent it on Monday and received a letter back on Thursday waiving the charge. I sent it with proof of postage only and do not sign just type in the name who the charge was sent too.

Good luck

Dear G24,

This is an appeal against the charge issued to the vehicle with the registration (Your Registration) charge reference (Insert number)

It is the registered keepers assertion that :

1. The charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

2. That the signage does not conform to the BPA CoP to which G24 has committed.

3. That G24 has no authority to issue charges over the land in question.

As such the charge is rejected. You should now either cancel said charge or provide a POPLA code for the registered keeper to appeal to the independent adjudicator.

Any further correspondence other than confirmation of cancellation or a POPLA code will be considered harassment and could result in legal action being taken against you.

Yours,

(Name on PCN, do not sign)

Has anybody received a parking charge for parking on the roads leading upto Doncaster airport?

I would like some advice on the correct way to deal with this situation as I have had it confirmed the land is privately owned and the charge has been sent by a private company not the police or a parking warden.

Has anybody received a parking charge for parking on the roads leading upto Doncaster airport?

I would like some advice on the correct way to deal with this situation as I have had it confirmed the land is privately owned and the charge has been sent by a private company not the police or a parking warden.

You may wish to have a read of this thread over at Pepipoo

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=84549&hl=doncaster

Also I'd have a search within that section of the site for similar threads, like so;

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=8adfbc4f8840ee85dccbe3b5986709a0&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bdoncaster

And a completed case summary here;

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=86011&hl=doncaster

Parked in Decathlon today whilst visiting the market. Fully expected my first ever PCN, but nowt. :(

Will have to try Staples next time. :D

Parked in Decathlon today whilst visiting the market. Fully expected my first ever PCN, but nowt. :(

Will have to try Staples next time. :D

You might well receive their junk mail in the post in a week or do .

Good chance you will get one from Staples.......... ive had loads :hihi::hihi:

Ive given them plenty of chances to chance their arm and take me to court , but they never have . Might see if i can hook myself one from the Bradfield Rd car park in Hillsbro .

Penistone999 and megalithic....are you both still certain these 'parking notices' can be ignored?

I've never had one before and this is from a company who patrol the private land near Doncaster airport.