Whats the difference between a flat and an apartment?

Went to view an "Apartment" a While back, Can you guess what it was??

A Large Bedsit! I asked the question over the phone before I went to view.

"I'ts not a bedsit is it?"

Nope, Definitely not a Bedsit, It's an Apartment.

About face, Walk Away......

Went to view an "Apartment" a While back, Can you guess what it was??

A Large Bedsit! I asked the question over the phone before I went to view.

"I'ts not a bedsit is it?"

Nope, Definitely not a Bedsit, It's an Apartment.

About face, Walk Away......

You have to laugh at the artistic license estate agents use. I lived in a flat recently where there was just room in the bedroom for a double bed and wardrobe, with little other floor space, yet they are describing it as a 'large double room'. I'd hate to see what they class as a small double!

There is no difference. It's just a pity they still seem to be looked down by most in the UK, as a viable (even enviable!) long-term residential option, and developed without much artistical/architectural license. Kind of a chicken-and-egg situation.

That was the view from the flat I grew up in. I'd have been quite happy continuing to live in such a flat, rather than a house (here or elsewhere), tbh.

Plenty of comparable flats-with-view pretty much throughout the Continent, and in many places for less than a fraction of what a 2up-2down costs in the UK.

Edited by L00b

There is no difference. It's just a pity they still seem to be looked down by most in the UK, as a viable (even enviable!) long-term residential option, and developed without much artistical/architectural license. Kind of a chicken-and-egg situation.

That was the view from the flat I grew up in. I'd have been quite happy continuing to live in such a flat, rather than a house (here or elsewhere), tbh.

Plenty of comparable flats-with-view pretty much throughout the Continent, and in many places for less than a fraction of what a 2up-2down costs in the UK.

Haha!

Just clicked on your link,but, the holiday lodge (with hot-tub:P)I'm staying at in South West Scotland,has denied me access,saying the "material is deemed inappropriate":huh:

You wasn't reared in a brothel eh Loob?

Whats the difference between a flat and an apartment?

A car can't get an apartment.

Might it be your own browser history? Or someone else's connected to your network? ;)

Here's the link in long-hand:

http://p0.storage.canalblog.com/05/98/58458/89658318_p.jpg

It's the holiday parks Wi-Fi.

It states the content (holiday swimwear apparel) unfit for viewing.:hihi:

Oh well! Will look tomorro when I get home.

An apartment is usually on the coast a flat is inland

Yeah but council tenants couldn't spell maisonette, so they changed it to flat which is less difficult.

I think they're pushing for a change to make the official term pad, to make it easier still.

You could be on to something there. The NHS have the same mindset. :)

I thought the americans called theirs "condos"?

I used to live in one of these new built city centre complexes. Mine was always a flat. My friend a few doors' down was in an apartment. The only thing different was the colour of the paint on the walls!

What is a duplex? Keep seeing this in property ads, no idea what it means.