BSL Tuition Wanted

Just find the older generation will sign Bsl and the younger generation will use sse that's all be good to do Bsl and sse but it's up to you ..not having ago at anybody I'm deaf my self ..castle college Do night classes for Bsl and sse but no sure dates and times give them a call

I'm not sure that's true....I've met plenty of younger people who use BSL. Often depends what type of education they had, eg if they went to mainstream (hearing) schools, or to a Deaf school....

Knowledge of BSL is also useful for SSE anyway as you'll know the signs...

Maybe true I was born deaf and went to a deaf school I can sign both but I find the young ones sign sse but it down to the guy who wants to do bsl. Or sse..and my son when to hearing school and they told him he got to do sse but I soon put a stop to that

Edited by pocket

Hi in a later thread it was mentioned that some learners got zero......... This would mean that they finished before the 4 minute time

---------- Post added 14-10-2015 at 17:22 ----------

Also it's not as black and white as having a hearing or deaf tutor........... Both can be equally bad at teaching.........

The marking criteria is in 3 categories .... 0 for not understanding half marks (2/3) for some of the time.... (Subjective your some and my some will be different) and full marks (3/4) for most of the time again what's most exactly........ Does this help?

Pocket, can you point me towards anyone in Sheffield providing private sign language tuition please? or do you still provide it?

Thanks

---------- Post added 24-01-2016 at 21:35 ----------

Hi all I can offer private tuition British Sign Language and Sign Supported English level 4 for free to anyone in sheffield. Ps say hello to tony at sheffield college

Pocket, can you point me towards anyone in Sheffield providing private sign language tuition please? or do you still provide it?

Thanks

The regional sign thing, made me smile. Many years ago I took my level 2 at Castle College and failed it! I re-sat it, but had to go to Birmingham to do it. During the assessment I made the sign for water, the assesor interrupted me and asked me for clarification as she had not seen this sign before! It transpired that the Birmingham sign for water, is totally different to the Sheffield one I had been taught! Fortunately, one of the requirements for Level 2 BSL is an understanding of regional differences and I passed my exam. :)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to learn BSL online and was wondering if anyone would fancy meeting up to practice with me? I struggle doing it alone, for some reason Netflix always appears on my laptop screen ;)

I'm looking for a college course but can't find anything happening soon, so thought at least if I start online now, I'll have some knowledge before I start a course!

Thanks,

Gemma

I did it at Sense in Rotherham and everyone on my course passed I think there was only one resit but she got it the second time

Not sure what thread to post this in! I'm looking for a private BSL tutor in the Sheffield area. Searched online already and can't find anyone. I started level 1 at college a few years ago but never completed the course. Would really like to progress fast from level 1. Appreciate any help ??

One to One Support Services is launching our critically acclaimed British Sign Language Level 1 course on Monday 18th September at our Training Academy. If you are interested, please call 01246 235208 to book your place