Alternative clothing shops in sheffield

hi all,

im originally from manchester and there there is a alternative shopping place known as Afflecks Palace, it's a building containing many small shops that sells punk, rockabilly, Goth, rock clothes etc.. is there anywhere in Sheffield that is comparable?

regards. dean

Nothing near as big, sadly. One example I know of is the the Forum shops on Division Street - a similar set of small alternative shops, but on a smaller scale.

Edited by vincentb
correcting the street name

Last time I went the Forum had a few empty shops. Division Street and Devonshire Street are good places to look though. Nothing to the level of Afflecks Palace.

hi all,

im originally from manchester and there there is a alternative shopping place known as Afflecks Palace, it's a building containing many small shops that sells punk, rockabilly, Goth, rock clothes etc.. is there anywhere in Sheffield that is comparable?

regards. dean

Rocky Horrors on Division Street sells alternative clothes in store or online. http://www.rockyhorrors.co.uk/

blue banana orchard square is pretty good for alternative stuff although it's slightly more mainstream that the others

Blue banana and Rocky Horror are the best places. Sadly there isn't loads of alternative shops in Sheffield - they all seem to be vintage *shudders*

rocky horrors is your best bet. blue banana is not at all alternative.. (its just my opnion but its too branded and not compeltely alternative at all)

your best bet unfortunately is online or back on train to afflecks every so often (but even thats a bit :( compared to how it was.

theres always sohos in leeds too..

Bird's Yard on Chapel Walk also worth a look.

Rocky horrors is stupidly expensive and Blue Banana is just plain rubbish. I highly suggest looking online for alternative clothing. That's what i do these days, especially for my rockabilly dresses.

many thanks for your replies folks.. i shall explore your suggestions with the aid of google maps. regards. dean

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 17:37 ----------

many thanks for your replies folks.. i shall explore your suggestions with the aid of google maps. regards. dean

Dropdead on Rutland Rd have a website etc so you could look at that but sadly I am not into fashion ( as I look down at my denims)