I want to give business to Broomhill Shops..

But are they all the ones that have been displaced by parking restrictions closer to the University?

No - there wasn't the number of vehicles to displace to account for the increase in parking that we've seen happen gradually - especially as many of the restrictions have been in place for years.

The Uni has about 3,000 more students than in 2001 as an example - that's bound to mean increased demand.

I will refund your 50p in my shop in Broomhill.I have a Jewellery shop on Whitham road (Betty French)and I know that all the independents are struggling at the moment.It looks likely that I will be closing due to lack of customers which is very disappointing to say the least as I need to support my 3 kids on my own.I had high hopes for my little shop.Parking is an issue here,no doubt about that.

I really hope business picks up for you.

You have a lovely shop with lots of beautiful and interesting things in, from new to costume to antique jewellery.

You have a lovely shop with lots of beautiful and interesting things in, from new to costume to antique jewellery.

I agree with the above statement: Betty French is the kind of shop that's needed in Broomhill. It's quirky, original and is an antidote to Costa, Sainsbury's etc. I really hope you can cling on there. It must be hard - I buy stuff from Sainsbury's and Tesco all the time but jewellery is a little treat...... Having said that, I really like those rings with the huge gems in ..... :)

I went today to get my hair cut. Only cost 50p to park and that was for an hour. I was only there 20 minutes. I paid 55p for a mars bar yesterday.

Just think - if you hadn't had to waste 50p on parking you could have had a Mars bar today as well. :hihi:

Just think - if you hadn't had to waste 50p on parking you could have had a Mars bar today as well. :hihi:

No he couldn't:wink:

I live in Hillsborough and on match days, I can't find a parking space anywhere near my house. But when anybody says that, the immediate response on here tends to be, the football ground was there long before that so why did you move there, you knew what the score would be. And I did, and I live with that inconvenience. So how come the same argument doesn't apply to the hospitals and the University?

i live near the ground and accept that some disruption is inevitable but i'm not sure why the desires of the spectators should override the general livingness of the indigenous population. there needs to be some balance bwtween the two.

since the hillsborough permit scheme came in and the enforcement of the yellow lines which were there before the scheme. i've had no problem parking on match days, prior to these i had lots of trouble.

i live near the ground and accept that some disruption is inevitable but i'm not sure why the desires of the spectators should override the general livingness of the indigenous population. there needs to be some balance bwtween the two.

since the hillsborough permit scheme came in and the enforcement of the yellow lines which were there before the scheme. i've had no problem parking on match days, prior to these i had lots of trouble.

That is similar to my experience in Broomhill. The parking schemes make some residential areas easier to live in.

(Mind you, the Hillsborough scheme has also made it easier for me to park when going to the football:))

Thankyou for your lovely comment.It isn't looking good i'm afraid.This next few weeks are crucial as #i need to cover this quarter's rent.We have a long way to go.:(

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 11:31 ----------

I agree with the above statement: Betty French is the kind of shop that's needed in Broomhill. It's quirky, original and is an antidote to Costa, Sainsbury's etc. I really hope you can cling on there. It must be hard - I buy stuff from Sainsbury's and Tesco all the time but jewellery is a little treat...... Having said that, I really like those rings with the huge gems in ..... :)

Thankyou,We are trying to diversify into greetings cards and gifts to see if that helps.I will give you a discount on one of those rings if you like?;)