Stocksbridge

This is getting funny. A dragon with a blue rinse, don't know about that around Grenoside though - we used to go through the Norfolk Arms garden when it was badly overgrown convinced there was a massive lion lurking about somewhere. The thistles were head high and it was really possible to get lost in what is now a nice beer garden. About Grenoside, although I was raised there from the age of 4, there ain't no way we'll go back. Its pretty dead innit? It was my playground, racing round the Woodyard, watching the big quarry fire, raiding St Helena's haunted farm for raspberries and gooseberries, spud picking for Hawkes on the field next to Wheata Wood, trying for years to get into the air raid shelter at the bottom of Norfolk Hill. Never saw a dragon though, not with blue hair anyway, Jesus sandals yes, but no blue hair.

Hi The Zepplin.----What the hell is "Corus". I used to Work at a place called Sammy Foxes 1952-1955. It was a large steelworks,and I was an apprentice machinist in the Testhouse machineshop.there were 6000 employees there at that time.This was before Margaret Thatcher destroyed the steel industry of course.It was world famous for stainless steel.

Corus formerly known as British Steel. I think before that was it United Steelworks or something like that?

I come from Stocksbridge born and bread. Enjoy living there but now i am growing up i am moving out of the valley. Stocksbrige has loads of history and lots of things to do. exporling is great with the peaks and woods.

Night live in stocksbridge is dead after 11.00pm. So I never bother and tend to go to Headcharge once a month, allnighter.

Transport is a big problem with a poor link to sheffield. I use my car to get to middle wood then bike at rush hour to beet the tarffic.:thumbsup: