Stocksbridge

Myself and my partner are looking at a property to buy in Stocksbridge at present and I wondered if anyone had any knowledge of the area. We are in S6 at the moment and would like to stay but can't find what we need at the right price etc.

Whats the nightlife like (if any)?

What' the crime rate like?

Schools (first born on the way)?

etc etc

Would be glad of any comments.

Many thanks

Claycraft. :wave:

You need to be a mountain goat to live there...... too many damn steep hills....

Originally posted by claycraft

Whats the nightlife like (if any)?

It comprises of kids hanging around in gangs on the streets.

What' the crime rate like?

Schools (first born on the way)?

:thumbsup:

Well I have been there over a year now, never seen any crime.

Nightlife! What nightlife?

Schools seem okay, you can look up the school information on the web.

I have found the area to be very nice and quiet, I mean you wouldn't be able to get any closer to the peak district without paying extortionate house prices.

erm my step nan lives there!!

great place. very hilly.

very close comunity (my step mums whole family live within a stones throw of each other litrally)

good schools! night life alright more clubby pubs on main road #, but the further up you get the quieter it gets. Good golf course. and if you get one- amazing view! easpecially when snowing!!

good food shop (lidl) very cheap food and good value!!

great place to live!!!

Originally posted by Tony

:thumbsup:

Hes lying its really nice!!

you tease tony!!

Originally posted by Fletch

very close comunity (my step mums whole family live within a stones throw of each other litrally)

Gene pools and valleys.:D

Well, of course Tony is speaking from the super safe refuge of the big city, which of course has such beautiful crime free areas such as Parsons Cross, Southey Green, Manor, Arbourthorne and of course the ultra clean city centre. NOT! Mad Max alludes at interbreeding which is of course the warped view of someone who has got nowt better to do than type crap into a computer. The crime rate is very low, mainly because everyone knows who the bad eggs are. We have far superior air quality and were surprised at the friendliness as soon as we moved here. We get snow when the city gets sleet and the hills look very pretty, and when we don't have snow we call it "Summer". The steelworks is not a problem. If you buy a house overlooking it then thats your choice of course. There are plenty of reasonably priced properties in the valley with views over farmland. Of course there are many parts of the city with this option. Glossop is 30 min away (Crystal Peaks is 45mins), Penistone likewise. We like it and won't have any city stick in the mud slagging it off. You don't need crampons anymore than Walkley and Crookes residents. Its a breath of fresh air up here in the cold north.

Originally posted by The Zeppelin

Well, of course Tony is speaking from the super safe refuge of the big city, which of course has such beautiful crime free areas such as Parsons Cross, Southey Green, Manor, Arbourthorne and of course the ultra clean city centre. NOT!

Tony is speaking as a resident of the Lodge Moor/ Fulwood area of the city which is virtually crime free and very clean and tidy. Much more pleasant than Stocksbridge IMO, which is just a steel making village full of inbreds and soon to be a ghost town when the steel works closes down. ;)

(though lets not turn this into a Stocksbridge Vs Sheffield thread)

No t020, regarding inbreds you're mistaking Stocksbridge for Buckingham Palace!!!

Bet that wouldn't stop you hanging around down there though, eh?

Well actually I quite like it and have a few pals there. What I meant was that nightlife, crime and schools consist of kids hanging around on the street corners. That is true isn't it, or are you saying that there is more nightlife, more crime and schools that don't have kids?