Please if your cat/dog is near the end do the right thing.

Yesturday went for a run out into Derbyshire but not the enjoyable trip out I needed.

There was a cat that started to cross the road really slowly ,on the other side. There was traffic coming from both directions he decided to just sit down in the road cars had stopped,i couldn't just leave him there.

So picked him up and put into the car sat on my knee.

Oh my god iv'e never seen anything like it.

He should of been a big cat but was incredibly skinny,matted really bad.

He's been neuted so has been some ones cat at some point ,however either ended up a stray but someone has been trying to shave off some knots....

I am heart broken if he did belong to someone they should be totally ashamed of themselves for letting him suffer in this way.

Last night he ate and drank but was so weak,i cried.

Took him to vets this morning and no surprise I had him pts am gutted...

How could anyone let him suffer so badly,he would of got run over sooner or later..

S0 please if your cat/dog is suffering and you know the end is near just do the right thing ,if you cannot do the decent thing when the end is near you shouldn't have pets...

It's heartbreaking but something we all have to face when we have pets..

RIP little one....

You assumed someone drove out there and dumped the cat??

Not just the cat decided to sod off from it's house and hasn't been seen since??

How people can treat animals so bad is beyond me, if you cant look after a pet then the answer is simple.. dont get one!!

You assumed someone drove out there and dumped the cat??

Not just the cat decided to sod off from it's house and hasn't been seen since??

If you botherd to read what I put I said was someones cat at some point ,might have ended up a stray...THE CAT HAD NO BALLS...

Either way someone was clipping its knots off it's body and still didn't have the decency to take it to vets.

It was a main busy road I take it you'd of just left it to be run over,nice one.

Moonbird - how kind and thoughtful of you to help this poor kitty even if it was the end for him. I would have done the same thing. All our pets want from us is TLC and to be there for them. Good on you. Xx

---------- Post added 03-03-2014 at 16:12 ----------

Sorry its hodgepig not moonbird x

Poor old puss. :( At least he found you at the end. Who knows why he ended up like that but at least he is not suffering now. A very kind act. I would have done the same.

ive done the most kindest thing with all my pets my last ones being fern & ramble

believe me I didn't want to but just knew I had to for them not for me

if it was up to me I would of kept them going for ever but knew I couldn't

the kindest thing IS to see it through to the very end

& if us as pet owners carnt do that then just don't have one :suspect:

simple as that relay ;)

& well done hodgepig66 you did the last kind thing that cat will of ever known

good on you take no notice of the nasty comments I would of done the same if

it had of been me :thumbsup:

rip little one run free at the bridge :(

Edited by fabcakes

well done hodgepig!! ...i think you did what any kind animal lover would have done its a pity the owner cant be found to pay the vet bill !!! rip poor little cat ,i.m so sorry you suffered at the end.

Did the vet check for a microchip? Just in case he had gone a bit senile and hadn't returned home for a while. At least the owners would know what had happened to him. Poor thing, at least he can rest in peace now.

Well done hodgepig .you did exactly right .this lass moves heaven and earth for cats etc never asks for anything and always got the animals priority top of her agenda .whether. At was neglected or not it sounds like it was in a dire situation and someone needed to make a decision to end it's suffering .whether it was owner or not .no way could I walk away from that situation and I'm sure a vet would. Not pts a cat with half a chance of survival .think maybe it was fate as I know hodgepig a passionate caring lass who has a sensible head on her and would do what's right for the cat and go above the call of duty to help any animal in need as a few on here would .either way the cat is at peace now thanks to some one who cares and I'm sure the vet would have checked for a microchip before any idea of treatment or being pts would have been suggested as usual,I take my hat off to,you hodge helped another in a dire state xxxx

Edited by murf

Well done hodgepig .you did exactly right .this lass moves heaven and earth for cats etc never asks for anything and always got the animals priority top of her agenda .whether. At was neglected or not it sounds like it was in a dire situation and someone needed to make a decision to end it's suffering .whether it was owner or not .no way could I walk away from that situation and I'm sure a vet would. Not pts a cat with half a chance of survival .think maybe it was fate as I know hodgepig a passionate caring lass who has a sensible head on her and would do what's right for the cat and go above the call of duty to help any animal in need as a few on here would .either way the cat is at peace now thanks to some one who cares xx

spot on murf, Hodgepig would go without food herself in order to keep the animals fed. At least his last night was filled with love and cuddles, you did your best and I'd have done exactly the same, and felt as angry as you rightly do xxx

Of course the vet checked to see if he was microchipped,he wasn't....

Even the vet was shocked at the state he was in...

He had hyperthyroidism, heart problems, only a few teeth, the list goes on...

If I was in that situation ever again I would do the same thing, there are people who say they are animal lovers who definatley are not, just pretend, i am not one of those...

There is a reason I work with animals and just tolerate people,i think that says it all...