Suggestions for Dinner/Disco Party Nights

As the title says. . . .

I'll be celebrating a milestone birthday this year and I'm looking for suggestions for somewhere that provides a food and entertainment for approx 12/14 people.

Ive thought about The Garrison but on the date that I'm looking for (19th/20th/26th/27th September) it's a Robbie Williams night which I don't really fancy.

I've thought about Baldwins but their event dates for September aren't advertised yet. I've also thought about "The Dogs" either a Box or in the Restaurant. I suppose what I'm really looking for is somewhere similar to the old Regency in Ecclesfield.

I'd really appriciate any helpful suggestions. Preferably S6, surrounding area or City Centre.

Thanks x

just a plug ,

but if you have a meal on attercliffe area ,, we hold an old skool Northern soul & motown night at ATTERCLIFFE LIBERAL CLUB , ITS FREE TO ENTER ,,,!!! NO ENTRY AFTER 11PM !!!.. WE GO TIL 1AM / 1.30 IF BUSY .. ????

just a thought for you .. we are on saturday 20th september .

always the 3rd saturday of the month ....

As the title says. . . .

I'll be celebrating a milestone birthday this year and I'm looking for suggestions for somewhere that provides a food and entertainment for approx 12/14 people.

Ive thought about The Garrison but on the date that I'm looking for (19th/20th/26th/27th September) it's a Robbie Williams night which I don't really fancy.

I've thought about Baldwins but their event dates for September aren't advertised yet. I've also thought about "The Dogs" either a Box or in the Restaurant. I suppose what I'm really looking for is somewhere similar to the old Regency in Ecclesfield.

I'd really appriciate any helpful suggestions. Preferably S6, surrounding area or City Centre.

Thanks x

Try such as Tankersley Manor and Staindrop Lodge

Thanks for the replies guys. x

Still looking. . . .Any more suggestions please. . .x

Van Dyks have regular tribute and dinner/disco nights on Friday evenings.

I know the resident DJ and he puts on a great show. I've DJ'ed there several times and they have always been enjoyable evenings with a good artiste.

Thanks gadgit for the suggestion. . . .It's probably a bit far out for us but that's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. . . .just needs to be nearer S6 or central!

Most of the places I've looked either don't have their bookings dispalyed yet for September or as in the case of the Garrison it's something that I'm not that bothered about!

Thanks again:)

Hi Feline01

I'm the same as you, celebrating my £££££th Birthday, so I have also been looking for somewhere to have a do. I want to be able to have a cheap venue where I can take my own soundsystem and do our own buffet.

Whilst looking round, I have found the Hillsbro Sports club (next to the park) but it may be a little on the big side for yourself, but I do recall having my 40th birthday at the SHIP Inn on shalesmoor many moons ago. They still do lovely lunches, and proivided my buffet way back then also.

It is rum by Steve and Jen, who have been there years - it's not a large place, and quite cozy and clean, and she may still do buffets, and can put on entertainment (but that would be at your cost), and I would check out her cheese burgers - yum!

XGlenys

Village hall at worall cheap as chips! if your near that area for having your own do, have large modern clean kitchen so idea for do your own food!

Edited by bessmeg

Thank you both for the suggestions.x

Thanks for the reply. . . Do you have any idea what sort of entertainment they normally have?

Thanks