Remembering The C and A!!

I worked there in the late 70s/early 80s, I think it was. Funnily enough I was also on the Saturday staff in the menswear dept on the ground floor. We were given a blue blouse to wear but had to provide our own skirt for the uniform. There was so little to do, I can't tell you how boring that job was!

But I did used to shop there for stuff when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I wore my hair very short then and usually dressed in jeans. One day, wanting to try a few things on, I headed off to the changing rooms. The lady presiding over them rushed after me. 'Hey you! Boys go over there!' she screeched. I was just mortified.

It just shows things go round, look at some of the young girls today, look like boys LOL ! :hihi:

For some reason C & A MODES sounds like a name I remember.

I went to burngreave school in the late 5os early 60s. The dreaded miss yeates was head teacher there. She used to say that c&a stood for cheap and awful! Dont think she was impressed with em, but then she wasn't impessed with much.

C & A were great. I remember buying a lined White crepe cocktail dress for £1. reduced from £3. (1964) Those were the days.

I went to burngreave school in the late 5os early 60s. The dreaded miss yeates was head teacher there. She used to say that c&a stood for cheap and awful! Dont think she was impressed with em, but then she wasn't impessed with much.

I also went to Burngreave and my older sisters, I remember the dreaded Miss Yates. Do you recall my sisters Christine and Jennifer Yates. Thanks Penny.

I also went to Burngreave and my older sisters, I remember the dreaded Miss Yates. Do you recall my sisters Christine and Jennifer Yates. Thanks Penny.

no sorry those names are not familiar to me. What years were you/your sisters there?