Accident on Herries Road

Tonight at around quarter past 7

A driver who was driving up Herries Road traveling well above the speed limit hit my mums car while over taking another car he sandwiched between my mums car and one on the other side of the road, my mums car is a write off I'm sure with the way it happened the driver will have caused damage to their car.

The driver did not stop,the other car who was traveling on the opposite side towards longley didn't stop either.

If these cars were in fact racing they've caused serious distress.

Why do people think it's okay to put other people's lives in danger.

Big thanks to south yorkshire police who refused to come out nice to see my tax contributions being put to good use.

OMG why did police not come out hope your mum is ok and your so right why do people like this keep driving on our roads

OMG why did police not come out hope your mum is ok and your so right why do people like this keep driving on our roads

Not heard the phrase for a while, but when the tv broke, or the kettle etc it was described as U.S. which means un serviceable. I have to be careful, but does that answer your question as to why the police did not turn out?

Not heard the phrase for a while, but when the tv broke, or the kettle etc it was described as U.S. which means un serviceable. I have to be careful, but does that answer your question as to why the police did not turn out?

What???????????

When a car came through lights on red and hit me, the police did not want to know. Yes, I can make a claim on my insurance, but I am not in a position to tell if the other driver had been drinking, only the police than do that. They would only attend if I was seriously injured or the other driver did not stop. If it ever happened again, I would fall out of my car and lie in the road until plod arrived.

Eh?????????

A driver who was driving up Herries Road traveling well above the speed limit hit my mums car while over taking another car he sandwiched between my mums car and one on the other side of the road, my mums car is a write off I'm sure with the way it happened the driver will have caused damage to their car.

The driver did not stop,the other car who was traveling on the opposite side towards longley didn't stop either.

Big thanks to south yorkshire police who refused to come out nice to see my tax contributions being put to good use.

Disgraceful. I would be contacting my MP to see if this is to be expected now, with the cuts to services.

The trend nowadays by some is to make sure the car is taxed, tested and insured but if you hit someone's car just burn off and don't stop unfortunately.

Hit and run drivers should be banned for a minimum of 10 years IMO.

I think the police will attend only if somebody is hurt in a road traffic accident.

Not sure what the legal aspects of this position are, i.e. because domebody is hurt, its a criminal matter, but if its just property damage, its a civil matter etc.

With cars jumping lights, might be a but hard to reasonably prove, as they could not prove the other car jumped the light (in an ideal world they probably could have a good go, ask for witnesses etc).

But with the ops post, I would have thought 3 cars involved in a RTA, and two failing to stop would atleast warrant some kind a force response, even if its a case of alerting panda cars of possible racing / reckless driving.

Personaly , I feel the police should attend RTAs , if they have been reported, as it atleast assures the public, I think in the ops case, am sure there mum would have felt more conforted at the sight of the police.

The ruling yesterday re the historic black cab racist might be the first kick up the behind the cops have needed for a very long time.

Compensation for failing to investigate to adequate standard - only relevant to violent crime as i understand it but great oaks and all that.

Unfortunately the best investigations are now carried out by the people involved - ask Doreen Lawrence or Janet Alder.

If as the OP seems to believe......... there were cars racing then they only need to look at what happened to the lady on Lyminster Rd............. one wonders if these cretins had been reported prior to causing the fatality and the cops not bothered until the fatality occured.

When a car came through lights on red and hit me, the police did not want to know. Yes, I can make a claim on my insurance, but I am not in a position to tell if the other driver had been drinking, only the police than do that. They would only attend if I was seriously injured or the other driver did not stop. If it ever happened again, I would fall out of my car and lie in the road until plod arrived.

Morally it might make a difference to you if a drink driver was caught by the police, however I'm not sure that you would be better off.

If it is just taken as a normal accident then the insurance will deal with it, however if the other driver is found to be drunk is his/her insurance still valid? They might not pay out..

a black car raced past me yesterday morning at top of herries up from NGH, just cutting back in before a near miss with another car. a speed camera going UP this hill would make a fortune - much as i hate speed cameras!

---------- Post added 02-03-2014 at 12:56 ----------

Disgraceful. I would be contacting my MP to see if this is to be expected now, with the cuts to services.

my MP is blind, not just in real life, but how he treats his constituents with contempt. you will be told to bugger off as it is a 'civil' matter. thats what he / his P.A. told me - i subsequently got a criminal conviction. USELESS **** - BLUNKETT.

wish i was running for his seat in the next election.

another reason to vote UKIP?