Madonna to play Sheffield this summer?

Madonna has a south yorkshire link, her ex bodyguard lives inmexborough and she has visited him and his wife privately quite few times. Always suprised local press never picked up on it.

Madonna has a south yorkshire link, her ex bodyguard lives inmexborough and she has visited him and his wife privately quite few times. Always suprised local press never picked up on it.

Maybe because madge didn't want them too. I hate the way the press jump on celebrity as if they do not have a life off stage.

They are normal people who are entitled to do normal things. If they choose to nip into Costa or round to a friends house - why do the press feel we have a right to know about it and see pictures.

Recent hysteria like this makes us look such a dumb nation. See the amazing daily mail. TOWIE star/puddle sensation as a example low point.

She's probably been talking to some of the biggies who played Don Valley and fancies playing there. Oh hang on a minute, someone better tell her it's rubble now!!

Maybe because madge didn't want them too. I hate the way the press jump on celebrity as if they do not have a life off stage.

They are normal people who are entitled to do normal things. If they choose to nip into Costa or round to a friends house - why do the press feel we have a right to know about it and see pictures.

Recent hysteria like this makes us look such a dumb nation. See the amazing daily mail. TOWIE star/puddle sensation as a example low point.

I completely agreewith you, as its a good few years ago I didnt think it did any harm mentioning it.

I think she will be playing the ProAct stadium, all the top acts are coming there now such as Tom Jones, Lawson, Union J. Sheffield cannot attract the big names anymore.

I think she will be playing the ProAct stadium, all the top acts are coming there now such as Tom Jones, Lawson, Union J. Sheffield cannot attract the big names anymore.

What do you mean by Sheffield cannot afford top acts? Who do you think pays for the top acts to play?

I'd question "top acts" being used for two of those...

Surely this is just the lack of an appropriate venue and a promoter in Chesterfield with the savvy to take advantage rather than anything else, as many of the same people who'd go to an event in Sheffield would goto the same event in Chesterfield, people are mobile these days I hear horseless carriages are rather popular.

I'd question "top acts" being used for two of those...

Me too.

Happ Hazzard - considering Proact holds around 10k people at full capacity as oppose the Sheffield Arena's 13k or the Don Valley's 20k I think it says far more about the so called popularity of these "top acts" rather than anything else.

Me too.

Happ Hazzard - considering Proact holds around 10k people at full capacity as oppose the Sheffield Arena's 13k or the Don Valley's 20k I think it says far more about the so called popularity of these "top acts" rather than anything else.

My thoughts exactly,the proact stadium holds around 10k,less than the Arena,they can just book acts between city hall/Arena capacity.

It's 10,500 for football, substantially more for concerts when you can have pitch level seating.

It's 10,500 for football, substantially more for concerts when you can have pitch level seating.

But almost as many seats are lost behind the stage area as are gained by on pitch seats,capacity raises to about 12,000,