Carboot Mega Thread 2014

BAKEWELL SHOWGROUND CAR BOOT HAS NOW STARTED.IT IS EVERY SUNDAY AND BANK HOLIDAY MONDAYS UNTIL OCTOBER 26th.HOWEVER FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS ( 23rd and 30th MARCH ) IT IS ON ROWSLEY SPORTS FIELD WHICH IS ABOUT 2 MILES DOWN THE ROAD GOING TOWARDS MATLOCK.AFTER THIS IT IS BACK ON BAKEWELL SHOWGROUND.IT STARTS ABOUT 7am.

---------- Post added 17-03-2014 at 18:25 ----------

Also April 6th is the first Tesco car boot of the year, free entry for buyers, plenty of free parking spaces and always a good turnout. And it is the day of the half-marathon so roads may be closed and traffic disrupted.

That's true,thanks for reminding me about the marathon,will do my best to avoid this.Also it wont be long before Traffic Wardens come sniffing round Abbeydale Rd etc if a few extra cars park there to visit Pedlars Corner.

Edited by speedway fan
bit missed out

Can't imagine many going to Pedlars Corner and paying £1 entry fee when there are so many free car boots around.£10 per car to sell is doubt th a rip off.

To be fair.... plenty of car boots now charge to get in. Twin Oaks is £1pp. And £10 per car is not bsd either. Its in line with Donny, Oldcoates, Twin Oaks etc.

To be fair.... plenty of car boots now charge to get in. Twin Oaks is £1pp. And £10 per car is not bsd either. Its in line with Donny, Oldcoates, Twin Oaks etc.

Yes but this one is only offering 50 stalls whereas Donny,Oldcotes and Twin Oaks will offer hundreds, especially in summer.Donny and Oldcotes don't charge entry fee either,they only charge for parking.I go to both these and never pay for entry as I know somewhere safe to park for free.

Yes but this one is only offering 50 stalls whereas Donny,Oldcotes and Twin Oaks will offer hundreds, especially in summer.Donny and Oldcotes don't charge entry fee either,they only charge for parking.I go to both these and never pay for entry as I know somewhere safe to park for free.

Yes, please all go to Tescos and buy baby toys and half used perfume. Leave Pedlars corner for those seeking a bit of quality.

People are forever lamenting the lack of boot fairs in Sheffield and now someone with energy and enthusiasm is working hard to provide one and is greeted with carping from those people who should be applauding.

Support Pedlar's Corner.

Edited by Stevos

Yes, please all go to Tescos and buy baby toys and half used perfume. Leave Pedlars corner for those seeking a bit of quality.

People are forever lamenting the lack of boot fairs in Sheffield and now someone with energy and enthusiasm is working hard to provide one and is greeted with carping from those people who should be applauding.

Support Pedlar's Corner.

I wholeheartedly agree!!!!! People complained for a long time that there were no city centre car boots, so a couple of years ago an operator opened a car boot sale bang in the city centre. Plenty of parking nearby, no charge for entry. And guess what? They had to close because no one came!!!!! At best they had 20 cars and hardly any buyers. Just what do people want?:loopy:

Does anyone know when car boots are back on in hillsbourgh at the side of the hillsbourgh park, plz inbox me any info thanks terri

can i say thanks to starlett for taking on the thread again:):)

Does anyone know when car boots are back on in hillsbourgh at the side of the hillsbourgh park, plz inbox me any info thanks terri

All the information is on the first post.

---------- Post added 21-03-2014 at 10:35 ----------

can i say thanks to starlett for taking on the thread again:):)

Thanks! I just hope people can bear with me when i am rushed off my feet with home and work

Been to marsh lane this morning.

Was cold,windy and bobar.

Hope Valley dates are online now- starts on April 13th on the College side.:thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me where the car boot markets are in South Yorkshire at the moment?Cant seem to find any in the area until summer but being spring some of the days are lovely and would be fab to get to car booties again...8)

---------- Post added 26-03-2014 at 09:04 ----------

oh brilliant just seen this thread,thanks.