Carboot Mega Thread 2014

Anyone else think the quality at Hillsborough has dropped? Been twice now and not been impressed with the tat on offer.

Shame really, as it seemed better before they put a limit on the amount of cars they let on.

Anyone else think the quality at Hillsborough has dropped? Been twice now and not been impressed with the tat on offer.

Shame really, as it seemed better before they put a limit on the amount of cars they let on.

They are only allowed 100 spaces, council license rules. :loopy:

They are only allowed 100 spaces, council license rules. :loopy:

That just been enforced then? Surely there has been more than 100 veichles before?

Yes, I'm out.

Why pay to fill your black bin?

That just been enforced then? Surely there has been more than 100 veichles before?

Last year they got round that by saying they were having two separate car boots side by side so they could have up to 200 vehicles. Now I gather the council won't let them do that. Yet another example of the council being killjoys where really it has no earthly reason to interfere, if you ask me.

Having said that, last year only the first couple were really worth going to because then it was just the same leftovers week after week; this year it looks like last year's leftovers all over again so I went to the first one, bought almost nothing, and plan to go somewhere else for the other weeks.

They had 2 separate car boots one on each pitch before.

re-the 100 stall rules,we at the gigantic lowedges festival have the same problem and I have been begging for several years that there needs to be a 150 stall license that would help solve the problem,some venues have a small road between and the can have 200 its not the licenses depts. fault it the council rules,as the next license up is several hundred pounds,why cannot we ask together for a new price rule of 150 as car booters especially like to not pre-book due to the English weather,and we need a bit of discretion and this would also gain extra revenue for the council,it would be a win,win situation for car boots and festivals,but professional markets need to be kept the same to protect our markets thanks

carboot 29th June

Tesco Infirmary Rd

pitches still available

tel 01143586807

Car Boot Sale

Kelford School

Oakdale Road

Rotherham

S61 2Nu

Tel; 01709 512088

Sat 5th July 2014

£5 per stall must be booked prior to date as limit of 60 available

starts @8am for sellers and 9am for buyers

call for further details:)

Edited by dawn allan
date

Last year they got round that by saying they were having two separate car boots side by side so they could have up to 200 vehicles. Now I gather the council won't let them do that. Yet another example of the council being killjoys where really it has no earthly reason to interfere, if you ask me.

Having said that, last year only the first couple were really worth going to because then it was just the same leftovers week after week; this year it looks like last year's leftovers all over again so I went to the first one, bought almost nothing, and plan to go somewhere else for the other weeks.

Ah right, didn't realize that.

Yeah, there were a few stalls that were a repeat of last weeks offerings!

Hillsborough Arena Car Boot Sales 2014

Next Car Boot This Sunday 29th June

£7 Car £10 Van

7.30am start

We aim to allow sellers on site usually from around 7.15am, as soon as all our staff and volunteers are in place.

Please note when letting sellers in we will try and let the people waiting in the top car par park first but our priority is always going to be to keep the main road clear.

Both buyers and sellers had another good day last Sunday

Sorry to the people we had to turn away on the day (100 is our limit) don’t forget to get your ticket if you want a pitch at any of our car boots.

Tickets can be purchased from our reception any day from 10am-10pm

http://www.hillsborougharena.co.uk

Hi,

I just wondered if there are any car boot sales on this weekend? near Jordanthorpe if possible but anywhere considered.

Thanks in advance:-)

Bowshaw every Sunday..