Carboot Mega Thread 2014

Yesterday I went to Hope, where everyone was pleasant and bought plenty of stuff. Then I went to Thorpe Hesley where my experience was somewhat different. I bought a Good Companion vintage jigsaw puzzle off a bloke there, who assured me that it had been checked an was all there. Started doing it today to find there are already three pieces missing from the outside. I just don't know how folks can sell stuff like that and stand there so blatantly and lie through their teeth about it. So I hope you enjoy the pound you swindled me out of, and that you buy something that chokes you, you ****ing cheating ****.

I went to five car boots this weekend, Twin Oaks, Marsh Lane, Bowshaw and Chesterfield were all good but then I went to Sheffield Pedlars Corner Abbeydale Picture House Car Park Abbeydale Road and it was terrible!!!!!

All the sellers at Abbeydale Picture House think they are at an Antique Fair and not a Car Boot Sale..... no haggling was accepted...... this is NOT a car boot sale - just an over priced ANTIQUE FAIR - for anyone who wants to go to a car boot just give this one a miss to save time and disappointment!!!!!!

I think I have updated everything! If I have missed anything please let me know!

Tesco Infirmary Road carboot sale

11TH May

pitches still available

Saturday there's a carboot at Meadowhead school, starts at 10am

I went to five car boots this weekend, Twin Oaks, Marsh Lane, Bowshaw and Chesterfield were all good but then I went to Sheffield Pedlars Corner Abbeydale Picture House Car Park Abbeydale Road and it was terrible!!!!!

All the sellers at Abbeydale Picture House think they are at an Antique Fair and not a Car Boot Sale..... no haggling was accepted...... this is NOT a car boot sale - just an over priced ANTIQUE FAIR - for anyone who wants to go to a car boot just give this one a miss to save time and disappointment!!!!!!

I am glad to read this post.I stopped there after going to Hope and Bakewell.There were four of us but we decided it wasn't worth £4 admission when we saw stallholders who we knew to have units in the rip off Antique Centers in the so called Antiques Quarter.It wont be long before the Traffic Wardens take an interest either.There are plenty of good Car Boots without bothering with this one,just forget it.

Any one been going to marsh lane this year what's the turn out been like ??

wot time does tesco carboot start for buying

Hi Dinnington Rugby Club carboot starts tomorrow from about 7am and continues throughout the summer normally well attended a favourite of mine for buying plants

Situated on Lodge Lane, Dinnington

South Yorkshire S25 2PB ‎- not far from Rother Valley College. £7 per car / £8 per van / £8 per car & trailer. Every Sunday throughout the Summer (May to September) from 7.00 am.

Tel: 01623 629219

Tel: 01246 520712

Mobile: 07966 445452/3

email [email protected]

or [email protected]

websites:

http://www.ttfairs.co.uk

http://www.treasuretrovefairs.co.uk

Edited by Aliozzi
adding contact info

I'm new-ish to Sheffield and still furnishing my first home. Can anyone recommend any good carboots where you can find old fashioned/antique furniture at affordable prices? -Any of them tomorrow?

Thanks!

Oldcotes, M1, M18 for one junction, A631 Bawtry Road. Take turn off signposted Roche Abbey and follow that road right to end which is a crossroads/mini roundabout, go straight across and it's on your left. It's 50p for parking before 7am or £1 after 7am. RAF Hemswell is a comination of car-boot and antique market