Carboot Mega Thread 2014

cheers thank you. I haven't been to a car boot in Sheffield before, is the Tesco one usually alright? what others would you recommend?

no marsh lane is not on Monday , pointless going to it anyway went today rubbish again and they charged my daughter who is 5years old 50p entry yes they charge 5year olds! no wonder marsh lane has gone so downhill over last 2-3years

Total Rip off we went to marsh lane on Sunday cost £1.50 for 2 adults & 1 child to get in then 20p to use the port a loo there was only a few stalls that were full of tat.

cheers thank you. I haven't been to a car boot in Sheffield before, is the Tesco one usually alright? what others would you recommend?

Yes it is quite busy and worth going, usually about 100 cars selling. There will be critics who will say its a lot of tat, etc. but it is a car boot sale after all. Try it yourself and see what you think. Go as early as possible, by 7am if you can. Also the ones at Hillsborough sports arena, next to the park, which start in June, are usually very good too.

i am wanting to do a car boot sale. its mostly old military stuff which ones the best to take to,

Yes it is quite busy and worth going, usually about 100 cars selling. There will be critics who will say its a lot of tat, etc. but it is a car boot sale after all. Try it yourself and see what you think. Go as early as possible, by 7am if you can. Also the ones at Hillsborough sports arena, next to the park, which start in June, are usually very good too.

I would not say 100 cars more like 30!

---------- Post added 23-04-2014 at 14:59 ----------

i am wanting to do a car boot sale. its mostly old military stuff which ones the best to take to,

Oldcoates. Get plenty of people seeking antiques. Otherwise twin oaks o Saturday afternoon might be worth a try.

---------- Post added 23-04-2014 at 15:00 ----------

quick question

first post says Tesco Infirmary road starts on 24th April, is that correct as that's obviously this Thursday? Is this an error or are they actually on Thursday, or is it just because it's half term?

Sorry it's a typo will amend this evening

starlet 83, you obviously haven't been to the Tesco one the same weeks that I have. Over half of the large car park is usually taken up with sellers, easily 10 rows of 10 cars. At the end of the season, September and October, there are a lot less of course, but its usually a pretty good turnout, worth a try for someone who hasn't been to a local one before, to make up their minds.

starlet 83, you obviously haven't been to the Tesco one the same weeks that I have. Over half of the large car park is usually taken up with sellers, easily 10 rows of 10 cars. At the end of the season, September and October, there are a lot less of course, but its usually a pretty good turnout, worth a try for someone who hasn't been to a local one before, to make up their minds.

I agree always plenty of sellers when I go and last year a couple of times it was full very early and I was turned away as a seller who had turned up on the day without booking.

Booking is advisable as the season progresses.

hi there

is the tesco one on this sunday ?? 27th please

is it imfirmary road ? and do you have to book , times ect , or just a contact number so i can call many thanks sharon

hi there

is it imfirmary road ? and do you have to book , times ect , or just a contact number so i can call many thanks sharon

next Tesco infirmary rd is 27 th April[/quote

---------- Post added 18-04-2014 at 18:00 ----------

Tesco carboot sale Infirmary Rd

next sale 27th April pitches still available ring 01143586807 to book

cars £6.50

vans £9.00

will update the thread with future dates soon.

Starts at 6am

Hope that helps :)

hi there

yes we have a sale 27th ,you will be able to turn up on day start a 6am

or call 01143586807 to book

---------- Post added 26-04-2014 at 19:46 ----------

Tesco usually a pretty good turn out as any other always depends on weather and its a hard standing site

all pitch proceeds go to charity

cars £6.50

vans £9.00

marsh lane open sun 27th

---------- Post added 26-04-2014 at 22:59 ----------

yes we have a sale 27th ,you will be able to turn up on day start a 6am

or call 01143586807 to book

---------- Post added 26-04-2014 at 19:46 ----------

Tesco usually a pretty good turn out as any other always depends on weather and its a hard standing site

all pitch proceeds go to charity

cars £6.50

vans £9.00

marsh lane

Just been out to Hope to find it closed up :( don't waste your time going there today