Carboot Mega Thread 2014

does anyone know the answer to my question.

I have sold my old bits and bobs at carboots, but just bought some wholesale items all of the same thing i think will sell well.

Would i be classed at a trader if these are mix in with my own items, and if so i need to pay more or get some sort of licence,, im just trying it out to see if wholesale if worth my time, not starting a business.

I will literally only two one every few months?

don't worry about it just go and do the car boot,everybody else does.if the organisers don't want you to do it they will ask you not to come again,you can always go somewhere else,most organisers aren't bothered what you sell.if you really are a worrier did you know that by simply driving to and from car boots to do them can invalidate vehicle insurance if you are not insured for business use? Obviously 3 or 4 a year is okay.just do what everybody else does and forget about it.

I wasn't asking about that, nor did I quote or ask anything about the one on Saville Street. If you'd had read my post in the first place, i was asking about the one on Infirmary Road. So I'll ask again. Does anyone know if you can turn up to that car boot to sell on the day or do you have to book in advance? Thanks

Next one at Infirmary Rd is 1st June and yes you can turn up on the day , it will be great to see you

---------- Post added 30-05-2014 at 20:38 ----------

yes i was thinking the same, the one im going to be doing i dont think you book, just turn up, but wont hurt to call them :)
I run a car boot sale give me a ring Saturday on 01143586904 or 01143586807

Hi does anyone know what time the Tesco infirmary road carboot is open to buyers tomorrow?

Does anyone know if the carboots have started yet at the proactive stadium and if one is on tomorrow?

Hi does anyone know what time the Tesco infirmary road carboot is open to buyers tomorrow?

about 7am for buyers

had a good clear out and lots of stuff to sell, would be grateful if anyone could provide me with dates for the car boots that are held at Tesco (Saville Street & Infirmary Road) and Thorpe Hesley Cricket Club please.

Any feedback on prices for admission and how busy they are etc would also be welcome!!

Was considering doing Millmoor Juniors too, any one done this one and if so how did you find it.

Cheers:)

Is Marsh lane and Bowshaw on in the morning

Carbooty

What time should sellers arrive tomorrow??

thanks Fabgirl

Bowshaw and mash lane start 5:30am for seller

Bowshaw is picking up and getting more busier.

had a good clear out and lots of stuff to sell, would be grateful if anyone could provide me with dates for the car boots that are held at Tesco (Saville Street & Infirmary Road) and Thorpe Hesley Cricket Club please.

Any feedback on prices for admission and how busy they are etc would also be welcome!!

Was considering doing Millmoor Juniors too, any one done this one and if so how did you find it.

Cheers:)

All the dates for cricket club are at the beginning of this thread and Tesco is tomorrow as stated in the post before yours :confused:

---------- Post added 31-05-2014 at 21:51 ----------

does anyone know the answer to my question.

i have sold my old bits and bobs at carboots, but just bought some wholesale items all of the same thing i think will sell well.

would i be classed at a trader if these are mix in with my own items, and if so i need to pay more or get some sort of licence,, im just trying it out to see if wholesale if worth my time, not starting a business.

i will literally only two one every few months?

What is it you are selling?

don't worry about it just go and do the car boot,everybody else does.if the organisers don't want you to do it they will ask you not to come again,you can always go somewhere else,most organisers aren't bothered what you sell.if you really are a worrier did you know that by simply driving to and from car boots to do them can invalidate vehicle insurance if you are not insured for business use? Obviously 3 or 4 a year is okay.just do what everybody else does and forget about it.

oh gosh never thought of that with car insurance, although it wont be a bussiness, just the odd carboot once every few months to save cash. Does the insurance thing go for you even if your selling your old stuff? of so crazy. I can understand of you are trading all the time

---------- Post added 01-06-2014 at 00:09 ----------

All the dates for cricket club are at the beginning of this thread and Tesco is tomorrow as stated in the post before yours :confused:

---------- Post added 31-05-2014 at 21:51 ----------

What is it you are selling?

i just bought some whole sale bits from ebay nothing massive, kids stationary, makeup, pictures that sort if thing and some of my old bric a brac

Edited by lubylou12

As anyone been too tesco carboot this morning was they many there selling