Alan Pardew's Headbutt

Maybe he's just fitting into the geordie lifestyle?lol

My brother went to live up there a while back,after about 5 years of being up there,he came down to visit for the weekend,we both had a little to drink and started fighting.

But what was amazing,is he started the fight off with a "Geordie kiss" lol.

(and he was drinking Newcy brown all night lol)

He was out of order, but it' a storm in a tea cup me thinks :(

He's got off very lightly, if I'd done that at work, I'd have been dismissed.

the fine is only the punishment by newcastle, he's still got the FA to deal with - probably a ban for a few games - ideally a stadium ban rather than a touchline ban

it wasn't much of a headbutt though - i've had harder kisses

and i can't see newcastle sacking him - they did win after all

I think they mainly fined him based on the "intent" of the action, he has to be seen to be setting a good example to the players and to the fans.

He apologised and Hull accepted the apology. He has been fined so time to just leave it at that rather than all the papers and such dragging it out. A lesson learned for him I think!

A long suffering Hull fan :D

But is it a lesson learnt?

He has previous and this is just another to add touch line bust ups he has had.

Furthermore, it's a hollow apology when he still claims he was trying to push the player away using his head.

I'm glad Newcastle have taken some action and hopefully the fa will treble that fine and give him a 5 match touch line ban.

He needs to be taught that this behaviour will not be tolerated.

As a side note, agreed with the poster who said he would be sacked if they were in the relegation zone.

the fine is only the punishment by newcastle, he's still got the FA to deal with - probably a ban for a few games - ideally a stadium ban rather than a touchline ban

The FA can't sack him so my previous comment stands.

The FA can't sack him so my previous comment stands.

Effectively they can by imposing sanctions on him that curtail his ability to work.

It wasnt a hard headbutt no, but if it had been a foreign player, he would have gone down like he had been shot, so far play to the hull guy for staying on his feet. Think Pardew will get about 10 games because of his previous issues

It wasnt a hard headbutt no, but if it had been a foreign player, he would have gone down like he had been shot, so far play to the hull guy for staying on his feet. Think Pardew will get about 10 games because of his previous issues

I would go along with that.:)

There's talk of a stadium ban rather than a touchline ban.

It wasnt a hard headbutt no, but if it had been a foreign player, he would have gone down like he had been shot, so far play to the hull guy for staying on his feet.

fair comment - although the player did push pardew first - although i think that was as much momentum as anything

and as i think others have said - it's the intention that matters as much as the outcome

There's talk of a stadium ban rather than a touchline ban.

Its got to be a stadium ban really,i mean a touchline ban is no big deal,just sit in the stands on the phone to your assistant.

Its got to be a stadium ban really,i mean a touchline ban is no big deal,just sit in the stands on the phone to your assistant.

By rights he should be sacked, he is supposed to set an example to players and fans if he's always scrapping what hope is there. If it was a one off I'd just ban him, but he's known for his temper.